Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

What benefits will a new facility in Springfield offer over the other options of Shelbyville, Ogdenville or North Haverbrook?
A monorail for starters.

I think they announced about a month ago that works would start in a couple of weeks but seems things have slipped a bit. One suspects it won't be ready until sometime late in season 2022, possibly later.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Maybe Fages influence shining through from his Queenstown days.
1607481268005.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make some of the NT boys feel at home.
When we started playing footy at Mt Gravatt PS back in the day there wasn't a blade of grass and not much soil either. You learnt the art of staying on your feet.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The latest article update on lions site was dated 5th Feb 2020
Don't know if they have had any issues but if all things in place they could make the finish date of "Spring 2021"
Opening paragraph below

"The Brisbane Lions are proud to share the final renders of The Reserve Community Arena at Springfield, before the Club commences construction of the facility in March. By Spring 2021 the Lions will have officially moved their training and administration headquarters to The Reserve, in time for their first AFLW matches at the arena in 2022."

Ready in first half of 2022 now apparently 😬. Won’t be surprised hear it’s ready for the end of that year.
From the Chairman.

Springfield

The next phase of work is presently paused as we coordinate programs with Ipswich City Council and the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads, who are undertaking significant road and station projects next to the arena site. Design work has continued throughout the year.

We will be commencing site establishment over the Christmas break ahead of construction works re-starting in January. The project remains on track for completion in the first half of 2022.

The Club looks forward to releasing more project information to members once construction starts in the New Year.

X AE A12

universalmagnetic
Jun 13, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There's not many that are looking forward to the completion of this complex. (player wise)
This is just another shining example of the wheels that are currently falling off right now. By my count there is only a few wheels left and it is just boggles my mind

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
This is just another shining example of the wheels that are currently falling off right now. By my count there is only a few wheels left and it is just boggles my mind
If you don't think St Kilda's move to Seaford was detrimental or impacted their ability to retain and attract players and officials, you really do have your head in the sand.

That being said, I had no idea that the Lions players felt this way until Mighty Lions post and given his exemplary track record on this board, you can't help but be concerned.

Obviously this is too negative for you.

Back