Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

So the window is open for the next decade then if Lloyd says it's not.

I will pop in to watch preseason games I'd say. Also AFLW when the Blues come up. It's going to be handy and any new dining experience is always welcome.

It's a good move from the Lions. It's really becoming quite the hub out here.

Used to go out there quite a lot when Brookwater first opened. Amazing golf course.

Could certainly see the potential of Springfield, even back then.

If only you'd moved to Spring Hill, a lot of folks around here would have been happier.

I only went to Spring Hill many years ago for a pub crawl.

I get that Springfield isn't exactly central. Train line and plenty of parking though ...

Used to go out there quite a lot when Brookwater first opened. Amazing golf course.

Could certainly see the potential of Springfield, even back then.

I was biased against the area but when I had to co-parent with my ex and she needed to move out here, I bought a house in time for my daughter to start prep.

Truth is every area has positives and negatives so you may as well look for the growth potential.

So what would be required to get capacity up to 20-25k to accommodate some lower drawing games during the Gabba re-build?
Be another grandstand you'd think.
Maybe a temporary stand could be built, for a couple of years.
Personally I would like to see more games being played in Melbourne and possibly north and south in Tassie .
make a good excuse to travel a bit.

So what would be required to get capacity up to 20-25k to accommodate some lower drawing games during the Gabba re-build?
You hope they can extend the capacity at the reserve, I no tix will be hard to come buy, but will be great if the club can play out of there when the Gabba can't be used. I hate Metricon and would much rather just get the train into Springfield for a few years.

I assume it hasn't been agreed yet what is happening leading into the Olympics?

Be another grandstand you'd think.
Maybe a temporary stand could be built, for a couple of years.
Personally I would like to see more games being played in Melbourne and possibly north and south in Tassie .
make a good excuse to travel a bit.

You can travel, but can you return???? And would you actually want to.

Having recently gone through the ridiculous passenger check in procedure at Hobart I can assure you visitors, even those born there, are made far from welcome. Way worse than Heathrow.

Having recently gone through the ridiculous passenger check in procedure at Hobart I can assure you visitors, even those born there, are made far from welcome. Way worse than Heathrow.
I went and did some trekking in Tasmania during the middle of Covid November 2020 (organized quick as we didn't know how long the travel window would be open), nothing extra at the airport coming or going at that time.

Well , yeh we were thinking about a week down in Tassie this xmas holiday , but thought no , probably wait a while and see how xmas goes with the borders, whilt stayng in qld.
Can't wait to get back to the Cantina in Launceston for the trout.

I went and did some trekking in Tasmania during the middle of Covid November 2020 (organized quick as we didn't know how long the travel window would be open), nothing extra at the airport coming or going at that time.
I would like to do the bay of fires three day hike.
but I think it has changed and you can only do it with a guided hiking tour .
Which I'm not into , being it is a nature walk.

I would like to do the bay of fires three day hike.
but I think it has changed and you can only do it with a guided hiking tour .
Which I'm not into , being it is a nature walk.
Yer, love trekking, we did the 3 capes trek, fantastic, I posted a few photos of it in the Den travel thread if you're interested... and I agree I don't do guided treks either, NZ has some great trekking as well. We are planning on doing the Carnarvon gorge 6 day trek in the middle of 2022, no huts in this one though, have to tent it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Michael Voss Oval.
Fantastic choice.

giphy.gif

Ippy's own Rhan Hooper should've had first dibs on naming rights imo

Can't remember if it was him or Albert Proud who was charged with belting their partner, so a big NO from me in naming a field where the women will play after such a trashbag.

It was Proud.

Hooper had his issues with commitment and effort but he doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Albert Proud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back