Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I am planning to go the AusBiotech conference and there are tours avaialable before the conference. Interestingly, one is to Herston and Springfield (see below). There really are great plans for the Springfield area (but no mention of BHA in the tour ;)). A few years ago I met some of the Springfield City Group Management team, who were also very impressive. Now if they can only widen the highway into Brisbane...

Springfield - Participants will take a guided bus tour around Springfield and it’s master planned City including Health City encompassing Mater Hospital, Education City and BioPark. Then the group will walk through Springfield Tower to see the emerging areas catered specifically for Bio-Manufacturing, including an overview of the planned Aegros 1-million-liter Fractionation Plant before touring the Southern RNA facility within the GE building, stopping for light refreshments before heading back to Brisbane.

I am planning to go the AusBiotech conference and there are tours avaialable before the conference. Interestingly, one is to Herston and Springfield (see below). There really are great plans for the Springfield area (but no mention of BHA in the tour ;)). A few years ago I met some of the Springfield City Group Management team, who were also very impressive. Now if they can only widen the highway into Brisbane...

Springfield - Participants will take a guided bus tour around Springfield and it’s master planned City including Health City encompassing Mater Hospital, Education City and BioPark. Then the group will walk through Springfield Tower to see the emerging areas catered specifically for Bio-Manufacturing, including an overview of the planned Aegros 1-million-liter Fractionation Plant before touring the Southern RNA facility within the GE building, stopping for light refreshments before heading back to Brisbane.

1-million-liter Fractionation Plant < I had to google what that was... I learnt something today.:shoutyoldman: Thankyou.

1-million-liter Fractionation Plant < I had to google what that was... I learnt something today.:shoutyoldman: Thankyou.

M Malice Blood products are big business (e.g. CSL, Grifols and Baxter) for sure. I wont highjack the conversation any further but it's a fascinating business (which I did an assignment on when I did my MBA LoL) with (1) the entry costs to build these plants have led to an oligopoly, which these new plants plan to break down, and (2) the ethics of using blood donations and/or being paid to donate blood for potentially big profits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back