Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand you were being facetious but there are many hard working Council bureaucrats who work by the book.

I know a few of them and they are dismayed at all the shenanigans which occur way above their pay grades.

Re the real possibility of the late discovery of the lesser spotted ring tailed possum which unfortunately survives only on the site of our new facility. I recall many years ago sitting in the offices of David Hammill, then State Minister for Transport, discussing the urgent need for a South-North Route 20 bypass. Hammill remarked that as soon as a road route was announced there would inevitably follow the discovery of the endangered left footed spotted toad.

Does anyone remember the toad threatened by the Tweed bypass? Very expensive toad that turned out to be.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Is it called the lesser spotted ring tailed possum because it's not seen very often or because it doesn't have as many spots on its ring compared with other possums?

Is it called the lesser spotted ring tailed possum because it's not seen very often or because it doesn't have as many spots on its ring compared with other possums?

Or it has lots of spots on a very small ring.

Where does that leave us? Up ship creek?

..it does seem "so us" doesn't it. Nothing goes smoothly.

In itself it doesn't change anything.

It depends what the appointed administrator and/or the state government does.

Drama? Involving a footy club?

By George the things you see nowadays!

Seriously though I read the article on news.com.au and wondered how we fit into the picture.

Still reckon a sky-base is where it's at.

There is a video interview with Greg Swann where he gives an update.

http://m.lions.com.au/video/2018-04-02/swann-on-springfield

It looks almost certain that Swann will pull this off, regardless of the ICC goings-on. Personally, I'd bet the house on it.

If it truly comes to pass, then Swann will have left a lasting monument to his tenure here. Of course, it hasn't been only his work, but nevertheless, credit where it's due.

All we'll need to do then is get our playing house in order.

Does that suggest people other than the mayor are implicated? I haven't been following this from afar.
The CEO from 2012-2014 and his wife have recently been charged for corruption from his time there.
The last CEO and another high official were also recently charged and resigned.
Then you have 2 Mayors in a row.

When the last CEO went, despite pushes to get a 'fresh set of eyes' in, the council opted to recruit from within (again).
The place absolutely stinks, worse than QLD & NSW police forces of the 70s & 80s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CEO from 2012-2014 and his wife have recently been charged for corruption from his time there.

When the last CEO went, despite pushes to get a 'fresh set of eyes' in, the council opted to recruit from within (again).
The place absolutely stinks, worse than QLD & NSW police forces of the 70s & 80s.
Corruption in Queensland politics, Police Force ? No NO No , You you you, You just wait and see.

Sounds like the AFL.

From what I have heard from a reasonable source, is that the CCC hasn’t finished yet and there are more heads to roll.

[QUOTE="Tassie4ever, ]

I know a few of them and they are dismayed at all the shenanigans which occur way above their pay grades.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I originally read that as "above their gay parades" and I'm thinking "in Ipswich???"

[QUOTE="Tassie4ever, ]

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I originally read that as "above their gay parades" and I'm thinking "in Ipswich???"[/QUOTE]

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Gay parades I mean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back