Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

It won't be announced in the federal government budget.

It's in a seperate funding amount, the regional development fund, which always has money available to it.

Thanks, I thought that might have been the case. It's the state budget that isn't coming out of a specific fund IIRC.

Went back through a few pages but couldn't see any kind of location map or pic so just in case anyone is interested...

View attachment 498474
My daughter works at the Orion shopping center and I have been out there quite a bit lately, the whole of Springfield has got a nice feel about it and it's not as far as you think, it usually takes 20-25 minutes from the inner southern suburbs of Brisbane to get there in non peak traffic.

My daughter works at the Orion shopping center and I have been out there quite a bit lately, the whole of Springfield has got a nice feel about it and it's not as far as you think, it usually takes 20-25 minutes from the inner southern suburbs of Brisbane to get there in non peak traffic.
I was out there recently too and they have definitely started clearing the land.
That photo doesn't show it but most of the trees in that area are no longer there.

What about that green patch to the right of the train station closer to the CBD? (I assume)

I was out there recently too and they have definitely started clearing the land.
That photo doesn't show it but most of the trees in that area are no longer there.

Is there any safe and nice way for pedestrians to get from the Reserve/train station side over to the shopping centre side? On the map it looks like there’s a lot of busy roads to cross. Maybe they need a walk way over?

Is there any safe and nice way for pedestrians to get from the Reserve/train station side over to the shopping centre side? On the map it looks like there’s a lot of busy roads to cross. Maybe they need a walk way over?
Might come with the new multi storey Carpark that the State Government are funding near the train station.

Looking at that map, there’s two roads that run from either end of the train station, under the highway, to the shopping centre. The underpass to the left looks like it has a large footpath.

Might come with the new multi storey Carpark that the State Government are funding near the train station.

Hope so. Like most modern developments Springfield doesn't seem to be built for anything other than cars from what I've seen but a stroll back over to some bars and restaurants after an AFLW game might be good for local business. If they have some local PT and connect it to the station or shopping centre then it could be helpful for that too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, to the left of the shopping centre in that pic are two large buildings. One is the biggest Bunnings I've ever seen and the other was the biggest Masters I ever saw. That Masters store is going to be redeveloped into a Homemaker centre. It could have been a great indoor training facility to escape the QLD heat.

Also, to the left of the shopping centre in that pic are two large buildings. One is the biggest Bunnings I've ever seen and the other was the biggest Masters I ever saw. That Masters store is going to be redeveloped into a Homemaker centre. It could have been a great indoor training facility to escape the QLD heat.
Will there be a large indoor training centre (not a gym) similar to the Hanger at Essendon and the ones the Crows, Eagles have and what Freo and Hawthorn will have.

Would’ve thought it’d be strange not to have on all that land given how bad the conditions are in Brisbane over the summer months.

Will there be a large indoor training centre (not a gym) similar to the Hanger at Essendon and the ones the Crows, Eagles have and what Freo and Hawthorn will have.

Would’ve thought it’d be strange not to have on all that land given how bad the conditions are in Brisbane over the summer months.

Even just a large and high roof for shade would be helpful. And a health and safety issue.

Not sure we can afford to pay air conditioning bill with our financial status.

Not something that is part of the design at this point. Maybe down the line if we are in a position to expand.

I may not know exactly where to look.
But from what I have seen, I can't find any commitment for a Regional Delelopment Fund in the federal budget.
So did they commit the money? or not?

There's a few different funds it could be coming from, e.g. http://regional.gov.au/regional/programs/regional-growth-fund.aspx or https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/building-better-regions-fund. Either way, these funds already exist and would've been assigned in previous budgets. Details on what is provided as grants out of individual established funds does not appear in the budget.

Edit: https://www.ipswichfirst.com.au/lions-a-step-closer-to-move-to-springfield/ refers to the Regional Growth Fund, which was the first one I linked above.

Last edited:
There's a few different funds it could be coming from, e.g. http://regional.gov.au/regional/programs/regional-growth-fund.aspx or https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/building-better-regions-fund. Either way, these funds already exist and would've been assigned in previous budgets. Details on what is provided as grants out of individual established funds does not appear in the budget.

Edit: https://www.ipswichfirst.com.au/lions-a-step-closer-to-move-to-springfield/ refers to the Regional Growth Fund, which was the first one I linked above.
Would there have been a further level of commitment from the federal government to assure the Qld Gov that it was forthcoming.
Because I really dont trust Anastaaassssia.

Not something that is part of the design at this point. Maybe down the line if we are in a position to expand.
Seems odd not to build one given all the major football codes throughout the globe have them, particularly given we’re building from scratch and the issues we have with weather in the summer months.

Would there have been a further level of commitment from the federal government to assure the Qld Gov that it was forthcoming.
Because I really dont trust Anastaaassssia.
There was a set of announcements around May 2nd that the Federal Government had re-affirmed its commitment in the wake of the state government funding announcement in late April.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back