Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

My false hopes!!!!

I am reliably informed that Costco Bundamba [for which staff training is already well underway] won't open as scheduled before Christmas because of the delay in access roads works.

I know am aware that there are very substantial delays in other building and development matters at the Ipswich City Council due to the bottleneck in approvals caused by all such matters now having to go through one desk.

The message? I wouldn't put the house on anything occurring to our benefit in the near future. Probably not this FY is my bet.

One thing's for sure- no-one who comes here from interstate is attracted by our facilities. Rather they come in spite of our terrible training resources which to be fair have evolved [or not] over many years.

My false hopes!!!!

I am reliably informed that Costco Bundamba [for which staff training is already well underway] won't open as scheduled before Christmas because of the delay in access roads works.

I know am aware that there are very substantial delays in other building and development matters at the Ipswich City Council due to the bottleneck in approvals caused by all such matters now having to go through one desk.

The message? I wouldn't put the house on anything occurring to our benefit in the near future. Probably not this FY is my bet.

One thing's for sure- no-one who comes here from interstate is attracted by our facilities. Rather they come in spite of our terrible training resources which to be fair have evolved [or not] over many years.

As the Red Hot Chilli Peppers said “give it away, give it away now” . Look elsewhere at least short term preferably in the Brisbane metro area

As the Red Hot Chilli Peppers said “give it away, give it away now” . Look elsewhere at least short term preferably in the Brisbane metro area

Think money is the issue so location wouldn't make things move any faster.

Yeah if you look at the Gold Coast Titans who found themselves in a similar situation they merged with Parkwood Golf club as a tenant , they got an oval , admin facilities, gym and swimming pool etc out of it.

Surely there is a similar partnership opportunity out there in Brisbane city it’s not ideal but this Springfield thing could last for years and we are putting all our eggs in one basket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty depressed about this.
We're in November. What's the latest from the club?
At this stage your best bet is to start harassing your local federal MP about it if you're in SE Qld. We're still waiting on them.

Is it still likely to be built in time for the 2020 Women's afl season?

The oval probably but facilities, it would be extremely tight even if they've gone a fair way down the road architecture plans wise. Maybe they could have change rooms and grandstand done with the rest of the facility a shell sans fitout

Worth keeping in mind that the peppercorn lease arrangement at Springfield means that the end game would to have the club in such a financial position as to not be reliant on pokies revenue . It would be great to get to a point where we could walk away from that.

Heard yesterday from a very close Board-related source [mustn't go any further than that] that the $70m commitment has been secured.

First stage to incorporate admin and training facilities only.

What beats me is why we haven't announced anything yet. AGM??

Election timing? The funding request is with the Commonwealth isn’t it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back