Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Believe it or not I have also travelled on the Ipswich Motorway. I feel you are exaggerating.
Centenary highway/western freeway is a joke both directions. The Ipswich motorway past Darra is fine, getting to it from Ipswich road is a disaster. They would be coming down Centenary Highway from Springfield.

Edit I live in the western suburbs and believe me I am not exaggerating. If putting the Lions out there goes hand in hand with a redev of the western freeway I am on board.

I'd have thought the traffic getting to the site of the proposed new training base would be a non issue. The most important thing at this point is having the facilities these players deserve. There is plenty of places for the players and staff to live that aren't Bulimba and a much closer to Springfield.

Centenary highway/western freeway is a joke both directions. The Ipswich motorway past Darra is fine, getting to it from Ipswich road is a disaster. They would be coming down Centenary Highway from Springfield.

Edit I live in the western suburbs and believe me I am not exaggerating. If putting the Lions out there goes hand in hand with a redev of the western freeway I am on board.

The government yesterday announced that the Ipswich motorway darra section upgrade has finally had funding approved. Don't recall if there was a start date mentioned . Think it is upgrade to 4 lanes both ways. That'll help.

I travel on the Ipswich motorway berween darra and granard road. The traffic both morning and evening adds about 5 minutes to a 25 minute trip.

The government yesterday announced that the Ipswich motorway darra section upgrade has finally had funding approved. Don't recall if there was a start date mentioned . Think it is upgrade to 4 lanes both ways. That'll help.

I travel on the Ipswich motorway berween darra and granard road. The traffic both morning and evening adds about 5 minutes to a 25 minute trip.
For my semi-regular jaunts up to the Lockyer Valley that will be a short term pain/long term gain scenario.

That land get resumed 25 years ago, I cant believe they have sat on it for that long. Between Granard Rd and Oxley rd is a carpark at times, but it is still better than the western freeway, where they have put the tunnel in and just moved the problem further up the road, which is fundamentally the bridge. Two lanes each way was ok in the 70s, not coping now.

Mmmmmmmm I still don't like it. But if they have already done the bulk of the earthworks and even diverted waterways then it's the best way to get us away from the Gabba dungeon.

Funny they've moved a river, without any signatures. I can't imagine that is an easy thing to do. It's almost like they saw we don't have a choice in the matter...

I think i remember reading of a 99yr lease at $1 per year. For the land.
Is that still the case?
Over the last 4 years since this was first knocked back. All of the searches and work and planning that has been exhausted since, if this is considered the best option after all this time. Who are we to argue?
Its about time we got our debt payed off and become relavent again.

I think i remember reading of a 99yr lease at $1 per for the land.
Is that still the case?
Over the last 4 years since this was first knocked back. All of the searches and work and planning that has been exhausted since, if this is considered the best option after all this time. Who are we to argue?
Its about time we got our debt payed off and become relavent again.
Oh no, what the hell are we going to do in 2117. Someone start a thread.

I suppose by then we may be able to have our new administration and training base on the moon, or we could be relocated to Uranus.

S
I'm sure United Airlines has some great staff as well, I didn't know we couldn't criticise corporations without every single employee being personally insulted.
Didnt realize it was possible to attribute human trait to corporation - live and learn I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back