New fan

Remove this Banner Ad

It's official. Western Bulldogs.

Wife is rooting for Brisbane. We will be ordering merchandise this week.
Welcome. I've been kinda lonely for the past 19 years. Actually we do have a poster from Florida, but that's not really America. They be Rebels. :p

Please do not tell me that you are a Mets fan. If so, things will not go well between us. Sorry. ;)

Come visit us on our board : :bulldogs:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/western-bulldogs.20/

Our next match is at 5:10am Eastern Daylight Time Monday Aug. 3.

It's official. Western Bulldogs.

Wife is rooting for Brisbane. We will be ordering merchandise this week.
Awesome! Welcome Jim :) Look forward to catching up with you on our board as Chicago said.

Hello all:
Started watching AFL two weeks ago and I cannot get enough. Unlike our NBA & NFL players who cry & whine about every little thing....AFL players are TOUGH. The real deal. No flopping. None of that pretend "throwing the penalty flag" garbage. "Play on". Ballcarrier is driven 3 feet into the ground. "Play on". One player plants his cleats into another's neck while jumping for the ball. "Play on".

As a long-time football fan in the USA can someone tell me about the penalties assessed if there is any extra-curricular garbage. I see an occasional push here & there but NOTHING like the flop artists of the NFL & NBA. In the handful of games I have watched I do not believe I have seen the referees needing to get between players.

I had to choose a team in order to register for this board but in reality I have no idea who to root for.

Excellent! I am from the US as well. I saw my first match on TV about a month ago. I am trying to choose between Collingwood and Port Adelaide. I’ve become a fan of Charlie Dixon of Port, and honestly has no idea Port was on top of the ladder until this past week after the Richmond match so I can’t be accused of being a front runner haha. Collingwood considered only because I’m a huge Newcastle United fan so black and white/Magpies/1892 seem like a match, but I dunno, just something about Port.

Excellent! I am from the US as well. I saw my first match on TV about a month ago. I am trying to choose between Collingwood and Port Adelaide. I’ve become a fan of Charlie Dixon of Port, and honestly has no idea Port was on top of the ladder until this past week after the Richmond match so I can’t be accused of being a front runner haha. Collingwood considered only because I’m a huge Newcastle United fan so black and white/Magpies/1892 seem like a match, but I dunno, just something about Port.
Hey mate - if the colours are swaying you, you might like to look into the history of Port. They also started as the Magpies and traditionally wear black and white bars. When their state league team joined the AFL, they had to rebrand due to Collingwood already laying claim to the Magpies and colour combination in the old VFL.

There's quite a push from Port fans to get them wearing their traditional black and white 'prison bar' jumper. Worth a look if you're already keen on Port and the colours are of significance to you.

Hey mate - if the colours are swaying you, you might like to look into the history of Port. They also started as the Magpies and traditionally wear black and white bars. When their state league team joined the AFL, they had to rebrand due to Collingwood already laying claim to the Magpies and colour combination in the old VFL.

There's quite a push from Port fans to get them wearing their traditional black and white 'prison bar' jumper. Worth a look if you're already keen on Port and the colours are of significance to you.
As long as he’s not watching tonights game 😬

As long as he’s not watching tonights game 😬

Ha! I did see the match. I’ve decided on Port:) 100% committed. They just grabbed me since I started watching and honestly it reminds me of choosing Newcastle as well. We lost 4-0 on that day haha so to all Power fans the loss was partially my fault. I seem to follow teams that are on the cusp of greatness then implode. Yes I’ve signed the petition and hope the prison bar guernsey can be worn again. Up the Power!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back