New Fighting Tiger Fund Donation Page

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck with the drive here guys, it is a hell of a sum to raise though.

I was a little a taken back when reading the age today for the split\division of donation levels offered by the club and what they offered the donor in return.

http://images.smh.com.au/2011/02/15/2186612/svRICHLIST-420x0.jpg

To be sure this is not really about transactions per se but the magnitude of the clubs expectations against the sums outlined was striking to say the least. Left me with a sense of 'ámbitious'. I am guessing here, but I would expect most to be only able to spare some 2 or 3 hundred readies of disposable income at one hit and budgeting over time for football charities is not something most are used too.

So without wishing to stir the horde here I suppose what I am asking to those that know... did the club give assurances and explain why that this is a one off and offer future financial plans to prevent repeats of this situation. Surely important.

Secondly I have heard little of finger pointing... therefore assume it was a gradual thing. Is there any responsibility to be laid anywhere and anything done about that?

Apart from some poor on field years what has the club management not done to contribute to this financial plight??

Good luck with the drive here guys, it is a hell of a sum to raise though.

I was a little a taken back when reading the age today for the split\division of donation levels offered by the club and what they offered the donor in return.

http://images.smh.com.au/2011/02/15/2186612/svRICHLIST-420x0.jpg

To be sure this is not really about transactions per se but the magnitude of the clubs expectations against the sums outlined was striking to say the least. Left me with a sense of 'ámbitious'. I am guessing here, but I would expect most to be only able to spare some 2 or 3 hundred readies of disposable income at one hit and budgeting over time for football charities is not something most are used too.

So without wishing to stir the horde here I suppose what I am asking to those that know... did the club give assurances and explain why that this is a one off and offer future financial plans to prevent repeats of this situation. Surely important.

Secondly I have heard little of finger pointing... therefore assume it was a gradual thing. Is there any responsibility to be laid anywhere and anything done about that?

Apart from some poor on field years what has the club management not done to contribute to this financial plight??

Those donation levels will no doubt be aimed at businesses, in particular those headed by ye ol' Tiger faithful.

As far as I know, the debt is mainly due to the upgrade of our facilities, the whole face lift at Punt Rd, now known as the ME Bank Centre. Our inability to pay for this upfront was probably a result of bad performances over the past 30 years, both on and off field. Major sponsors have become less willing due to low public profile, and membership has not grown as one would have hoped. Generally speaking, we have had some pretty bad management over the years, resulting in this predicament. Things look to be taking a turn for the better though (assuming you're not WM :p)

i agree with RT73! we all know the aim is 6million ! there needs to be a countdown scoreboard type of thing that clicks over every donation as it counts down. i would donate more just to watch the numbers change!

I agree. At the moment you donate and it just feels a bit like 'there goes that money, I hope it's used well'. With a counter people get to see they have helped chip it down a bit and watch the money pour in once we get within 1 mil.

Those donation levels will no doubt be aimed at businesses, in particular those headed by ye ol' Tiger faithful.

As far as I know, the debt is mainly due to the upgrade of our facilities, the whole face lift at Punt Rd, now known as the ME Bank Centre. Our inability to pay for this upfront was probably a result of bad performances over the past 30 years, both on and off field. Major sponsors have become less willing due to low public profile, and membership has not grown as one would have hoped. Generally speaking, we have had some pretty bad management over the years, resulting in this predicament. Things look to be taking a turn for the better though (assuming you're not WM :p)

correct me if im wrong but this is incorrect. the majority of the debt has accumulated over time and had increased as well due to the increase in football debt spending req. i think the me bank centre was pretty much fully funded.

correct me if im wrong but this is incorrect. the majority of the debt has accumulated over time and had increased as well due to the increase in football debt spending req. i think the me bank centre was pretty much fully funded.

Correct. The Debt has been at the $4-4.5million level for some years. It is not due to the Redevelopment.

Received a certain invite today to a dinner. Interesting. Will action;)

Haere Ra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody good of you to offer Cougho. :D

Dear Mr C

I've never met you but I do think very highly of you. Just worried to think what amount might go on the cheque at about 11.30pm after some "think liquid":eek:.

On another matter, I believe a BF poster got a mention in today's Herald Sun Sport Confidential section;).

Haere Ra

Dear Mr C

I've never met you but I do think very highly of you. Just worried to think what amount might go on the cheque at about 11.30pm after some "think liquid":eek:.

On another matter, I believe a BF poster got a mention in today's Herald Sun Sport Confidential section;).

Haere Ra

Who was that? Didnt see a paper all day

Dear Mr C

Haere Ra

The 2nd shot would have been a doozy. :D

Donations haven't started at the night yet
Only thing has been a jumper signed by 25 of richmonds best ever players that went for $7k. That's the only auction of the night

2.5 Million has been raised tonight! Awesome stuff

We are heading in the right direction Tiges!

2.5 Million has been raised tonight! Awesome stuff

We are heading in the right direction Tiges!

Brilliant Stuff!!! Add that to the 220k already in the kitty and we up to 2.72mil. If they have tin rattlers at the games, this will increase funds significantly. 30,000 tiger supporters all chip in a gold coin and thats 40-50k there, each game..

Brilliant Stuff!!! Add that to the 220k already in the kitty and we up to 2.72mil. If they have tin rattlers at the games, this will increase funds significantly. 30,000 tiger supporters all chip in a gold coin and thats 40-50k there, each game..

I really hope they have tin rattlers. Would make so much more of a difference. Even at away games (and sometimes other supporters would donate too). Could be a difference of half a million bucks by the end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back