Toast Fitness Boss Jarrod Wade

Abdul_The_Bull

All Australian
Aug 3, 2021
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting, isn't it? We all new who the strength, fitness and conditioning staff were under Malthouse, especially in the premiership years but we have no idea now. It has been a revolving door of staff (in most departments, it's fair to say) since then. That's a strong indicator that the entire football department is in strife. But we all 'knew' that....

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
There's been a fair bit of swings and roundabouts in ALL AFL footy departments these last couple of years Abdul....soft caps, Covid.....it all adds up.
Its not just the Pies having these changes.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
There's been a fair bit of swings and roundabouts in ALL AFL footy departments these last couple of years Abdul....soft caps, Covid.....it all adds up.
Its not just the Pies having these changes.

Agreed, most clubs have lost their list manager (twice), head of football, senior coach, head of fitness, soon to be assistant coaches and president in the past year…

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Agreed, most clubs have lost their list manager (twice), head of football, senior coach, head of fitness, soon to be assistant coaches and president in the past year…

No Kappa as usual, you're totally correct....we've been totally "Robinson Crusoe" on this aspect of AFL....https://www.afl.com.au/news/547505/every-club-s-coaching-line-up-huge-moves-at-roos-dockers-tigers

(and this was just the assistant coaches and the like....support staff (medicos, talent scouts, office staff etc) have been even harder hit.

Ed's decision to stand down has had ramifications but as several clubs will find out in the next few weeks....there will be more ructions before the years out.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
No Kappa as usual, you're totally correct....we've been totally "Robinson Crusoe" on this aspect of AFL....https://www.afl.com.au/news/547505/every-club-s-coaching-line-up-huge-moves-at-roos-dockers-tigers

(and this was just the assistant coaches and the like....support staff (medicos, talent scouts, office staff etc) have been even harder hit.

Ed's decision to stand down has had ramifications but as several clubs will find out in the next few weeks....there will be more ructions before the years out.

I didn’t even include the 4 coaches who have already left, plus Harvey is gone and potentially Sanderson too.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just out of interest Kappa, of the departures, which ones would you have liked us to retain?

Well we’ve lost 3 development coaches and replaced them with no one, and it remains to be seen if we can replace White with someone better.

If Brad Scott or Lyon take over as senior coach then I’d of rather retained Buckley too.

Whoever takes over I'd like to see us do a bit more strength training and a bit more size on the boys.

This, and this again! I know we were full of kids, but seeing our guys line up against Brisbane last week - I thought 'Oh God' they'll monster us. And they did.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
To be blunt this is a blow. White’s done some fantastic work the past few years and we were a horrible injury run from finishing last this year. Look at this weeks lineup the only guy’s unavailable are Pendles and Moore who both suffered impact injuries. Most clubs would kill for that in the lead up to September!

To be blunt this is a blow. White’s done some fantastic work the past few years and we were a horrible injury run from finishing last this year. Look at this weeks lineup the only guy’s unavailable are Pendles and Moore who both suffered impact injuries. Most clubs would kill for that in the lead up to September!
Maybe the new coach is bringing someone with him.

I reckon they should hire one of those Montage blokes. Whenever someone in the movies has to get fit, they go straight to a Montage.
Skippin', runnin' on the spot, rowin" a boat.
Nekminit Holdin" up a cup!!!!

Sounds like VB ad.

Whoever takes over I'd like to see us do a bit more strength training and a bit more size on the boys.
More size is pointless without more aggression.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Maybe the new coach is bringing someone with him.

Its quite possible, but it remains a setback for the club because the replacement won’t have the same knowledge of players as White has built over the 6 (at least) years he’s spent with us. In the midst of a rebuild it’s one you can absorb, but it’s a blow all the same.