New Fox Sports News Format - Absolute Trainwreck

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Sports News should be near the top rungs of media where you employ polished personnel, not a training ground for uni graduates.

It's not the top rung though. It's the channel people put on if there's nothing live or good on the other 7 Fox Sports channels (to say nothing of ESPN and beIN etc or Seven/Nine/Ten). Part of that problem is the people who could make it a big deal work for radio or what's left of newspapers during the week. University graduates are on Fox Sports News because they're cheap.

On now Gameday live summer edition. "tune in for all the overnight sporting highlights, plus we preview all the weekend action across australia".

Talk about pre season games - all talk about nrl. host is nrl bloke, flanked by former nrler and a sydney sportsbet rep. Remaining two are daniel garb and former union player (cant remember his name).

so much for talk about overnight results

There's an article in the Daily Telegraph saying things aren't as rosy for Mel McLaughlin at channel 7 as she and they would have hoped. I don't think she would have burned any bridges at Fox Sports when she left them in 2013, so hopefully they bring her back to the fold even if it's just to read the news. She's much better than the majority of those who read the news currently. Megan Barnard, Bill Woods, Daniel Garb and Louise Ransome are the only who are any good, Mel joining them could only be a good thing. The only downside is that Mel would want Tara's job presenting the football/soccer.

Last edited:
Megan Barnard is an absolute stunner. Pretty good at her job too i might say. I felt for Bill Woods while he was talking about the death of former Canterbury Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes.

Megan Barnard is an absolute stunner. Pretty good at her job too i might say. I felt for Bill Woods while he was talking about the death of former Canterbury Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes.

her new glasses outlook doesnt suit her imo

On now Gameday live summer edition. "tune in for all the overnight sporting highlights, plus we preview all the weekend action across australia".

Talk about pre season games - all talk about nrl. host is nrl bloke, flanked by former nrler and a sydney sportsbet rep. Remaining two are daniel garb and former union player (cant remember his name).

so much for talk about overnight results

Yet Foxtel have done away with Eurosportsnews but they are not bothering to run any of their stuff which if they did for 5 minutes an hour or even for 30 minutes a day would overcome their lack of real sports coverage beside the major footy codes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game day Live is the worst. Switch on to check cricket scores and nothing but waffle

This channel just gets worse, astonishing that they could get it so bad. Most of their young presenters aren’t up to it in regards giving opinions.

Bill Woods is one of the most wooden media guys going, Bozza should only comment on soccer games and the rugby oafs are excruciatingly bad.

As soon as they mention rugby I change the channel and I’m sure those in qld and nsw do the same with AFL.

Cricket should always be prioritised because it’s our only truly national sport.

It’s maybe more of a personal preference but I think they should always have premier league and other top European league highlights up the top of the broadcast too.

As soon as they mention rugby I change the channel and I’m sure those in qld and nsw do the same with AFL.

Cricket should always be prioritised because it’s our only truly national sport.

It’s maybe more of a personal preference but I think they should always have premier league and other top European league highlights up the top of the broadcast too.

Rugby or rugby league?
You’re right people will switch when other footy codes come on.
When league is mentioned you can see the desk rise with their collective boners. Of course being based in Sydney all content and shows are skewed towards nsw. When everitt was a swan he was in weekly. Now?

I used to be able to go to sky news multiview and see individual sports stories that I could read at any time. There was even a way to scroll through different sports and select the stories/tables etc. Now that has been dumped and viewers are directed to FSN instead which means that if you are interested in a particular story you will have to watch FSN all day on the off chance that they might cover that story. Thank goodness for the internet.

I enjoyed Katherine Loughnan and Jim Callinan's chat to Robert Craddock today. If i wasn't a cricket fan, I'd feel a tad annoyed at the coverage given to the ball tampering saga. Enormous story but there were no, or very few updates on the overnight NRL, AFL, super rugby etc. A separate Fox Sports News channel would have come in handy today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back