New Godspeed You! Black Emperor album streaming.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...asunder-sweet-and-other-distress-album-stream

EZ1Homc.png

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Opinions? I'm gonna wait for the physical album.

I love it.

First track is great, the middle 2 I feel are just endings to track 1 and starters to the final track. Noe the final track is just absolutely insane, just beautiful.

Also this album was originally 1 40min long song called "Behemoth" which explains the middle 2 songs.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I've never got into any post-rock at all including most of GY!BE work, but for some reason I just love F#A# Infinity. Will definitely give this a listen in an effort to give it another crack.

Gentlemen

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2011
idk lol
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
meh
F Sharp A Sharp is a much darker album that fits a certain mood imo. The opening for it is immensely powerful.

Skinny Fists I feel is a better overall album with some insanely good crescendo's, they are both amazing albums and I guess it comes down to personal taste in the end.

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
F# has greater consistency and a very eerie apocalyptic feel to it that I've only really felt elsewhere in a few dark ambient albums. The best album when you are in an absolutely hopeless mood.

The middle two tracks of lift... have GOAT crescendos but the opening and closing tracks (storm and the self titled) have a few flat patches.

I've listened to F# beginning to end probably three times as much as Lift...

Yanqui UXO is a bit disregarded by fans I think too, underrated, especially Rockets Fall.

Pretty standard fare for a GYBE release. High quality but nothing amazing, and lacks just a little something for mine. Worth listening to as always, well below Yanqui, Lift Your Skinny Fists for F#A#, with Yanqui leading the way in the painfully underrated stakes.

WALDENPOND

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok. I just listened to it in full. I think it's amazing, considering the band it's a short album but everything sounds so thought out and precisely done.

Back