New Godspeed You! Black Emperor album streaming.

Remove this Banner Ad

With a quiet day today I listened to all the albums in chronological order and I really think that 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! is underated.

Decent on first listen. Sounds a bit half-finished in spots, but obvious quality.

Always been a provisional fan. Listen to their major albums a couple of times a year, and might sneak in a listen to one or two of their second tier albums, but they need to be enjoyed in pretty specific moods. I find some of the lengthy buildups a but too lengthy despite loving when a band like Sigur Ros will attempt something similar. Some fans tend to love 10 minutes of discordant chugging, but then the song will evaporate into nothing. It's always surprising, but leaves me feeling a bit empty.

I went through and had a listen to Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! today at it sounded fantastic. We Drift Like Worried Fire is an absolute gem.

F# A# Infinity is still my favourite. Consistently good, apocalyptic, and really stretches in parts. The transition through the mid-section of Dead Flag Blues is absolutely perfect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back