Rumour New Gold Coast Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinkley is a bog average coach imo - it wasn't a coincidence Port fell from premiership threats to outside the eight when Walsh and Richardson left.
He's a better motivator then tactical coach, would do better in a job as football department boss then head coach, similar to Neil Balme.

Bottom 4 for both port and Suns with a bullet 2018
You're kidding. On shear talent alone we smashed teams outside the 8. Get a coach with a game plan that has a functional forward structure and some off season focus on skills and we are likely a 2 win better team than this year already

You're kidding. On shear talent alone we smashed teams outside the 8. Get a coach with a game plan that has a functional forward structure and some off season focus on skills and we are likely a 2 win better team than this year already
Really? Only fell over the line against us with our stupidity! Of course you will best no hopers when you play them more than anyone in the top 8 and don't manage to beat those sides, makes you the #1 no hopers. Sheer talent? You mean how half of the port team spends more time infront of the mirror than looking at the whiteboard the coach has with tactics? Some good talent there

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would imagine that Ratten and others who finished 4 weeks ago wouldve been appointed by now.
They would be helping with list management and assistant coaches etc etc.
Maybe the club has been sweating on Hinkley,but my feeling is the person they are chasing is only just finished.

Sam Mitchell with a reliable mentor would be a great choice.

In what role
9-2769110-mky230415mascot_fct1024x768_ct620x465.jpg

Gary Ayres coaching Gold Coast only has legs (as a rumour) because he won the VFL premiership. Won't happen.... Plenty of AFL assistants ahead of him.
Think what you will all I can say is what I've been told , it has nothing to do with the port win.
Gary met with the suns before then-100% fact

Think what you will all I can say is what I've been told , it has nothing to do with the port win.
Gary met with the suns before then-100% fact

Alright you seem pretty adamant, lets see how it pans out.

Out of the frying pan ............................................
Exactly.

"Sorry Rocket, you're all washed up. We need a young fresh face here that knows the AFL system inside and out.

Someone get me Gary Ayers' number..."

Just quietly, why did GC think Eade was ever going to work out?
Was at Sydney, lost the playing group. Sacked.
Was at Bulldogs, lost the playing group. Sacked.

GC needed a coach to build a culture, so someone with great communication skills with the playing group should have been a priority. And so they go and get a guy who has failed at that exact thing, twice.

And now Gary Ayers... If this goes ahead, just fold them now.

Would imagine that Ratten and others who finished 4 weeks ago wouldve been appointed by now.
They would be helping with list management and assistant coaches etc etc.
Maybe the club has been sweating on Hinkley,but my feeling is the person they are chasing is only just finished.

Sam Mitchell with a reliable mentor would be a great choice.

Sam will be with WCE for the next three years - at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back