New Hawks clash/away jumper?

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, in what world is that a better shirt than the Brown back?? Seriously, it’s like someone cracked a bunch of eggs on it then smudged a line of Nutella in the front! Love the video, the concept and all but these shirts will not look good out there at all. Icky.

The more I see it, the more I love it. Tribute to the greatest Hawthorn person to ever grace our fantastic club. A tip of the hat to our history. It’s our colours. I’m going to miss the gold on brown away guernsey - but can live with this as its replacement. Now I just need confirmation that we’re going to try any other way to incorporate pink during the breast cancer charity round other than putting it on the guernsey.

Was just about to say that the online shop seems to be doing a clearance sale on the 2018 Away guernseys. Which is a shame as I was a big fan of it also.

Definitely like the V, but can't help but feel the inversion would look better.

View attachment 623797

I've had a look at the new away jumper.

IMO the above jumper was a much better jumper.

I'm sure I have a Lekkas match worn one and possibly another of the same.

I guess I need to view the jumper as the hawks will wear it against the Crows in round one.

Not sure what I will make of the strip but the old Maybloom one is ahead for me at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be great next finals series having some solid gold sections of the crowd

So will each game have a legend? There are eight of those and 22 away games over 2 seasons

Last edited:
Going to be great next finals series having some solid gold sections of the crows

So will each game have a legend? There are eight of those and 22 away games over 2 seasons

Nope - this one is dedicated to Kanga and is the away strip for the next two seasons.

Thinking about it logically - if we are wearing the guernsey for all interstate matches then a brown guernsey wouldn’t make sense as it would clash more with Freo, Brisbane, Adelaide, Port and GWS compared to a predominantly gold guernsey. That was probably the compromise worked out with the AFL to allow us to ditch the white/silver clash guernsey.

My two boys both love this jumper. That's their birthday present sorted! Easy peasy.

Sent from my mobile.

Can't wait to see it round 4 vs the saints! i'm guessing our home with white shorts will be used for MCG away games. Will look weird at Marvel vs Essenscum.
Will we wear it on Sunday against Brisbane?

Honestly, in what world is that a better shirt than the Brown back?? Seriously, it’s like someone cracked a bunch of eggs on it then smudged a line of Nutella in the front! Love the video, the concept and all but these shirts will not look good out there at all. Icky.

I disagree. If I think back to our grand finals, the yellow / gold stood out SO well in the crowd - you knew exactly where the Hawks fans were.

I think it'll look great on the field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back