New Hawthorn CEO - Ash Klein

Remove this Banner Ad

Never a massive fan of internal appointments, but if he's the best person for the job then that's that.
Nor am I normally, but I think on this one, with the amount of change at Board level, that there is considerable 'internal auditing' already occurring via previously 'outside' parties (Gowers, Silk, Merlino etc...).

An internal appointment, who is incredibly well respected makes sense. The Club are also set to be in the market for a COO and CCO, so plenty of opportunity to bolster a new CEO with external support and expertise.

Never a massive fan of internal appointments, but if he's the best person for the job then that's that.
I don’t agree with that principle. If a business is flying, continuity and an appropriate promotion of a star performer as successor can be the right call.

I don’t know enough about Klein to comment on that or whether he had any fingerprints on Reeves’ various operational stuff ups that cost him his job (ie the handling of the coaching transition and the investigation). Given his appointment I would presume he had nothing to do with either.

Kennett has supported the appointment and the sub-committee who appointed him contained Gowers - so it seems he is supported from multiple factions. I like that he is a Hawks supporter also.

He's a good appointment and will be an upgrade. Have talked to several senior footy people who dealt with Reeves who said he was completely out of his depth.
Have you noticed the intensity of the AFL 'investigation' completely ground to a halt as soon as Reeves left the building...

To be fair to the AFL, the whole thing was mismanaged from a process point of view. I'd be pissed if I were them too - and that falls to the CEO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back