New Holy Grail stat for small forwards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite an interesting stat actually. I'm sure someone will break that eventually. They've been close so many times. Rioli's effort with 47 goals and 128 tackles was bloody close.

I think somebody like Toby Greene seems the most likely to me. Genuinely capable of over 50 goals and he's agile and has great endurance to help on the tackling side. Betts probably won't reach the 100 tackles but will likely score over 50 goals. Someone on the other side like McDonald-Tipungwuti will reach the tackles but hard to see him going much above 40 goals unless he really takes his game to a new level.

Just an update on this

Luke Breust now sits on 24 tackles and 16 goals after five rounds.

Projections on current form see him at 70 goals and 105 tackles for the year. Whilst I don't expect him to get near 70 goals, 50 is a definite possibility. Needs a couple of games with really solid tackle numbers to allow for a drop off in others. Would be the first to do so.

The old Frenchman LeCras isn't too far behind. 13 goals and 19 tackles so far.

It will be tough. Has to do with the very nature of the role. Those tackling small forwards aren’t really in the team for their goal kicking prowess and vice versa.

It took Cyril (who’s a freak) to get close!

Rekon Charlie Cameron would one day achieve this. Tackling machine but can he go the next level up as a small forward.

Breust a bit s**t today. Got the 2 goals to reach 50 for the year but only 2 tackles. Only 4 players from each team had less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

back-to-back 2 goal and 2 tackle games for Breust, currently on 52 and 90

2012: 39 goals in H&A season (45 inc. finals), 96 tackles in H&A season (113 inc. finals)
2013: 37 goals in H&A season (40 inc. finals), 93 tackles in H&A season (110 inc. finals)
2014: 53 goals in H&A season (57 inc. finals), 69 tackles in H&A season (85 inc. finals)
2015: 45 goals in H&A season (52 inc. finals), 82 tackles in H&A season (96 inc. finals)
2016: 43 goals in H&A season (47 inc. finals), 89 tackles in H&A season (94 inc. finals)
2017: 33 goals in H&A season, 85 tackles in H&A season (Hawthorn did not play finals)
2018: 52 goals in H&A season, 90 tackles in H&A season

needs 2 goals and 7 tackles for his best H&A tallies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back