New iPhone Battery

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
I've upgraded my own iPhone which means my teenage son is the lucky recipient of my old iPhone 5S. Is there a way I can get him sorted for a new battery for this iPhone, given that the current one tends to go flat in a few hours? I'm not tech savvy myself, but would welcome any recommendations if and where in or around Melbourne this could be done, and if so what kinda cost we'll be staring at?
Thanks in advance, Ghost

I've upgraded my own iPhone which means my teenage son is the lucky recipient of my old iPhone 5S. Is there a way I can get him sorted for a new battery for this iPhone, given that the current one tends to go flat in a few hours? I'm not tech savvy myself, but would welcome any recommendations if and where in or around Melbourne this could be done, and if so what kinda cost we'll be staring at?
Thanks in advance, Ghost
You do this via apple (apple store). You call up Apple and organise an appointment.

Unfortunetly as it's a 5S its going to cost a bit. Every model after the 5S costs $39 for a battery replacement. Older models cost $119.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/iphone/repair/battery-power

You'd be able to go to any local repair store and they should be able to replace it for you. Keep in mind that you can't get genuine batteries but you can get ones that are basically replicas, which is what i use. I generally charge $50 to replace a battery and usually takes no longer than 10-15 mins to do. Make sure if you go through a 3rd party repair that it's not a crap battery that claims it has more power or will last longer as this is not true

Remove this Banner Ad

Back