News New Irish Recruit - Oisin Mullin...2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love to hear from Mullin about how he is feeling in his second preseason.

Is he feeling much more confident.

What his expectations are of himself.

Is he training up as a small stopper or if he is expecting to become more attacking with his speed.
I wanna know how much he weighs.

Sadly that ship has sailed.

Sad Episode 2 GIF by The Office

I’d love to hear from Mullin about how he is feeling in his second preseason.

Is he feeling much more confident.

What his expectations are of himself.

Is he training up as a small stopper or if he is expecting to become more attacking with his speed.
"Hey Oisin are you feeling much more confident in your second preseason?"
"Nah not really"
"Okay thanks have a great year"

Geelong Cats' Irish Gem Eyes Bigger Role in Post-Smith Era
written by ChatGPT

With the AFL season on the horizon, all eyes are on the Geelong Cats' rising star from Ireland, Oisin Mullin, who had a brief taste of Aussie Rules action in his debut year. Despite his limited game time, Mullin's performances were full of promise, and anticipation is building for what he can bring to the team in his second season.

During his initial outings in the blue and white, Mullin showcased his defensive skills as a small backman, earning praise from fans and the coaching staff. Now, with the retirement of the seasoned wingman Isaac Smith, Geelong is on the lookout for a player to step up, and Mullin seems poised for the challenge.

Throughout the pre-season, Mullin has been working hard to refine his skills, and there's talk among the coaching staff about shifting him into a more attacking role. Despite his limited game experience, the buzz around Mullin is growing, and there's a sense of excitement as he aims to make a more significant impact this season.

Mullin's adaptability and eagerness to learn have endeared him to the team, and as an Irish import, he's quickly adapting to the Aussie game. Even with only a couple of games under his belt, Mullin remains optimistic about the potential shift to a more prominent role. Reflecting on his start, Mullin shared, "Every game I've played so far has been a learning curve. Now, with the chance to contribute in a bigger way, I'm keen to step up."

Geelong supporters are gearing up for what could be an exciting chapter in Mullin's young career. As the Cats navigate the post-Smith era, the focus is squarely on Oisin Mullin, and fans can't wait to see how he'll grow and make his mark in the upcoming season.

Geelong Cats' Irish Gem Eyes Bigger Role in Post-Smith Era
written by ChatGPT

With the AFL season on the horizon, all eyes are on the Geelong Cats' rising star from Ireland, Oisin Mullin, who had a brief taste of Aussie Rules action in his debut year. Despite his limited game time, Mullin's performances were full of promise, and anticipation is building for what he can bring to the team in his second season.

During his initial outings in the blue and white, Mullin showcased his defensive skills as a small backman, earning praise from fans and the coaching staff. Now, with the retirement of the seasoned wingman Isaac Smith, Geelong is on the lookout for a player to step up, and Mullin seems poised for the challenge.

Throughout the pre-season, Mullin has been working hard to refine his skills, and there's talk among the coaching staff about shifting him into a more attacking role. Despite his limited game experience, the buzz around Mullin is growing, and there's a sense of excitement as he aims to make a more significant impact this season.

Mullin's adaptability and eagerness to learn have endeared him to the team, and as an Irish import, he's quickly adapting to the Aussie game. Even with only a couple of games under his belt, Mullin remains optimistic about the potential shift to a more prominent role. Reflecting on his start, Mullin shared, "Every game I've played so far has been a learning curve. Now, with the chance to contribute in a bigger way, I'm keen to step up."

Geelong supporters are gearing up for what could be an exciting chapter in Mullin's young career. As the Cats navigate the post-Smith era, the focus is squarely on Oisin Mullin, and fans can't wait to see how he'll grow and make his mark in the upcoming season.

I would criticise chatgpt for writing a piece that is largely generic and lacks any specific content, but then I would condemn half of news Corp.

You are the King of the drive by.
Whether David or Wayne I take offence to that comparison.

Apologies for any attempt at light hearted humour. We do know any young player will generically say they feel fitter, stronger, more confident etc over time though. It would be completely shocking if they said otherwise, that was my point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Hey Oisin are you feeling much more confident in your second preseason?"
"Nah not really"
"Okay thanks have a great year"
Reminds me of that old Mick Malthouse quote, "Did your boys come to play today?"

We have so many stupid questions in our media, completely based on answers where the player can't win, and it allows the trolls to find an angle to be critical regardless of the response.

Probably a bit of tall poppy syndrome, and just a general low IQ when it comes to the average media consumer.

Reporter: "Are you feeling confident Oisin?"

Oisin: "Absolutely. I feel like I've been able to develop my game over the last 18 months, and feel much more prepared to play AFL football than I did last year".

Trolls response: "What a d**khead, he thinks he can pick up this game in 18 months? Talk about a FIGJAM!!"

Reporter: "Are you feeling confident Oisin?"

Oisin: "Yeah, nah...I'm completely out of my depth out here. I have no idea what I'm doing and the Geelong BigFooty board appear more focused on my hair than my football.

On the brightside, the ladies love me at Lamby's and I've got a new modeling contract with Best & Less once I'm delisted. It's not much, but you gotta start somewhere.

Trolls response: "Look at the lack of confidence? You don't win with that attitude. Wouldn't want him in my side!!"

I’d love to hear from Mullin about how he is going.

Of course, in the end, talk is cheap and we will see how he holds up on the ground soon enough.

It would be huge for us if he comes on in leaps and bounds.

Not sure if that’ll happen.

We will find out soon enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back