News New Irish Recruit - Oisin Mullin...2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Was wondering why we backed out of the McKenna race, this would make a lot of sense as to why.

Mullins brother apparently passed this year so that would explain why he stayed put.

He has now left mayo. I for one, would absolutely love him to join us, fast, fit, agile and fearless judging by his highlights. could add some serious
grunt and speed off a back flank.

Stay tuned. Go Cats.

I watched a club game of Mullin last year and marked down times of some exciting plays of his.
I don't know the rules of the game and believe this is a lower-level game.
But Mullin just stands out when he gets the ball...Those legs move hella fast and he doesn't seem to mind making body contact.
Very pumped to have a talent like this to work with basically for free.
Hopefully he can transition into our game because he looks like a powerful fast running half back type to me.

Checkout these times:

30 mins
43 minute mark.... GOLD.
1h 1mins
1hr 10mins
1hr 46mins Mullin man of match interview.

Last edited:
I watched a club game of Mullin last year and marked down times of some exciting plays of his.
I don't know the rules of the game and believe this is a lower-level game.
But Mullin just stands out when he gets the ball...Those legs move hella fast and he doesn't seem to mind making body contact.
Very pumped to have a talent like this to work with basically for free.
Hopefully he can transition into our game because he looks like a powerful fast running half back type to me.

Checkout these times:

30 mins
43 minute mark.... GOLD.
1h 1mins
1hr 10mins
1hr 46mins Mullin man of match interview.

Hard to take much out of that given it was two years ago and juniors. But seems quick off the mark.

SO excited to see what this kid can do. Really shows just how keen we were that we went again after him bailing last time.

Will be awesome for him to have Tuohy and O'Connor around, and really settle in - given how much Zach and Mark carry that Irish culture with pride.

Welcome Oisin, can't wait to see you (hopefully) getting regular game time in 2024! :hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic news.
I hope he enjoys Geelong and the lifestyle.
Without a doubt, he will be made to feel welcome.
Huge for us to have Zach and MOC to help him see how you can successfully make the transition from Gaelic football to being an AFL player. You get the impression he'll have every opportunity to succeed while he's with us. And he looks to possess some serious talent as well.

Just needs to start training the house down now...

:cool:

Had a feeling this was on the cards when McKenna went cold and we were told Cats had other priorities.

Hopefully just slots in as a 2E replacement. He'll be given a couple of years to hone his craft in VFL but could still end up a 7-8 year gun. Think he is brilliant from what I've seen.

Welcome Oisin.

Any chance Cooper Whyte gives up his player number to Oisin?
Oisin's 11? Give it to him.
Good chance Dennis Cometti comes out of retirement too just for one more "like a cork in the Oisin".

Seriously though - brilliant to see both club and player fulfill this commitment. Could become a pretty special player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back