News New Irish Recruit - Oisin Mullin...2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty disappointing.

I know most will say no loss as he never actually came but it seems from all reports that this is a little different to the run of the mill lottery with an Irish lad giving it a shot… mullin is considered a superstar and best young player in Ireland whereas normally the cat B’s that come over are nowhere near that level.

I also think we purposely avoided rebounding half backs over the off season knowing we’d locked in a gun in that position. This is an area of need for us.

Pretty disappointed as either he played the GFC or the GFC were not being totally honest to the fans/public. Oh well.. move on… will need to target a fast rebounding hbf in the next off season.

Gotta respect his decision, he's clearly chasing his dream. All the best to him and if he changes his mind I think the door will still be open to him
I can’t respect his decision at all, cause if he was in that much doubt then why would he sign a contract in the first place? Only to reneg on it? Which leaves the club one player down now.

He should never have signed it in the first place.

I can’t respect his decision at all, cause if he was in that much doubt then why would he sign a contract in the first place? Only to reneg on it? Which leaves the club one player down now.

Well technically we do have to respect his decision. What's the alternative? Kidnap his family and blackmail him?

So does this mean we have an extra spot on the list to use mid season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No - he was a cat b rookie so wasn't taking up a list spot

two months ago - 'major coup - will be third coming of Gary Ablett'
today - 'overated, at best a list-clogger*'
EFA

*But if he decides at later date to come to Geelong he will again be the third coming of Gary Ablett

Didn't even get himself out here to give it a go before pulling the pin on the contract. We clearly can't change his decision. And consequently have to 'respect' it. But I'm with you in having little respect for a person who signs a contract and then can't even be bothered to muster any effort to try and honour it.

Always seemed like the deal (getting one of their game's elite talents as a virtual 'free hit') was just too good to be true. And so it has sadly proved to be.

Pretty disappointing.

I know most will say no loss as he never actually came but it seems from all reports that this is a little different to the run of the mill lottery with an Irish lad giving it a shot… mullin is considered a superstar and best young player in Ireland whereas normally the cat B’s that come over are nowhere near that level.

I also think we purposely avoided rebounding half backs over the off season knowing we’d locked in a gun in that position. This is an area of need for us.

Pretty disappointed as either he played the GFC or the GFC were not being totally honest to the fans/public. Oh well.. move on… will need to target a fast rebounding hbf in the next off season.
Its terrible list management if we neglected recruiting a position for a bloke thats never played a game of AFL in his life, find that one hard to believe.

Well technically we do have to respect his decision. What's the alternative? Kidnap his family and blackmail him?
Tell him we will kill a puppy every day he doesn’t turn up?

But seriously, we don’t have an alternative. Just think it’s poor to sign a contract and then not even bother honouring it. Why did he even sign it in the first place?

Oh well, maybe he will give it a go next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have updated my previous conspiracy theory to just be that he was probably not wanting to come over in case the borders closed and something happened to his family and he couldn't get home.

So I hope he signs with us again and returns home to a place he's never been

two months ago - 'major coup - will be third coming of Gary Ablett'
today - 'overated, at best a list-clogger'
Did I say list-clogger? I meant superstar who will lead us on to multiple premierships.

Just to be clear is my understanding correct:
  1. Mullins has signed for up to 2 years.
  2. The has taken up a Geelong Cat B spot.
  3. For his own reasons Mullins is not coming at this stage however, he still is able to in the future as he is on the Geelong list.
  4. Geelong is unable to take him off the list.
Is this correct?

Last edited:
  3. For his own reasons Mullins is not coming at this stage however, he still is able to in the future as he is on the Geelong list.
Is this correct?

I have absolutely no idea... and the club "from what I can tell" hasn't been overly vocal about what's going on.

Hopefully we hear some positive news in the coming weeks... or it might just evaporate and nothing come of it once again.

I have absolutely no idea... and the club "from what I can tell" hasn't been overly vocal about what's going on.

Hopefully we hear some positive news in the coming weeks... or it might just evaporate and nothing come of it once again.
Do we know if any of the 'lads' caught up with Oisin while recently in Ireland?

Is this correct?

I don't think that is correct. When Oisin decided to stay in Ireland the contract would've been torn up. There's likely a fresh offer on the table for him now. Though none of these details would be public domain.

I have updated my previous conspiracy theory to just be that he was probably not wanting to come over in case the borders closed and something happened to his family and he couldn't get home.

So I hope he signs with us again and returns home to a place he's never been

returns home ..LOL

Just how close are the irish guys... if the come from different counties does that make them like Haw and Geel type deal?

How course they know each other. Like here, every local thinks I must know every other foreigner on the island. :p

They might know each other through the tournaments when they gather more or less and/or play each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back