New Jack Irish ABC 8.30pm tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

A fair amount of info to sift through, but i'm keen already for next week.

The fact that they re-cast Andy McPhee I found to be a little sloppy. He played Kwitney in Bad Debts and was the 'Sperm Donating' Chink in tonight's episode.

It'll be interesting to see if anything suffers due to the narrative not being based on any of Temple's novels and that seemingly Jeffrey Walker is no longer involved as a director.

Things are really in motion now. I was wondering when we'd see what Orton had up his sleeve.
The only character that doesn't seem to have any for of involvement in the storyline at all is Stan the Publican. How much the writers could have weaved him into the narrative i'm not sure, but I guess somebody has to pull the beers.

Last edited:
I never knew this was broadcast as a tv series. I only saw the movies and downloaded them. I presume they are the movie but divided up into episodes? Or is the movie all the episodes put together with maybe some bits missing?

Edit: Scrpa that, just looked it up on Wikipedia and the 2016 ones is a tv series and not movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only Fitzroy had survived instead of the newest Northern franchises. Love the nostalgia with the Paul Roos illustration on the wall and the old Fitzroy tragics at the bar. Bernie Quinlan. LOL. They'd be brighter than the idiots in the Unofficial Carlton Selection committee. :oops::p

http://www.blueseum.org/show_image.php?galleryId=660

Wouldn't trust that bearded Aussie who scared the young girl they found after that massacre.

Great to see Mark Mitchell againnon screen, even if only for a brief moment as the radio host in last night's episode. I always loved his role as Harold Gribble in season 2 of Round the Twist.

**** Bob Franklin as Brendan makes me laugh.

Great episode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back