New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Info and brackets for those interested:

Beginning on November 18 is NJPW's World Tag League, which features 16 teams who are split into two brackets and face off in a round robin style tournament. The winners of each bracket will then meet in the finals, much like the G1 Climax tournament. The winners of the World Tag League will receive a future shot at the IWGP Tag Team Championship. Here are what the brackets look like:

Bracket A:

* Juice Robinson/Sami Callihan

* SANADA/EVIL

* Yuji Nagata/ Manabu Nakanishi

* Yujiro Takahashi/Hangman Page

* Hiroyoshi Tenzan/Satoshi Kojima

* Bad Luck Fale/Chase Owens

* Minoru Suzuki/Takashi Iizuka

* Hirooki Goto/YOSHI-HASHI

Bracket B:

* Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer)

* War Machine (Hanson and Raymond Rowe)

* Jeff Cobb/Michael Elgin

* Best Friends (Barreta and Chuckie T.)

* Henare/Togi Makabe

* Toru Yano/Tomohiro Ishii

* Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa)

* Katsuya Kitamura/David Finlay

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/1107/633856/njpw-reveals-2017-world-tag-league-tournament/

I reckon the Tanahashi v Jay White match is gonna surprise a few people. The build has been excellent. The Switchblade v The Ace.
Hoping the Main events are as good as expected. They will be insane. The fatal 4 with Ospreay, the Villian, Takahashi & Kushida is gonna be fun.
The Gauntlet match, hair match, tag team championship matches. Where does it end ???
I hope they put on the best show ever and shake the wrestling landscape to the core. WWPee just sucks so bad at the moment.

I reckon the Tanahashi v Jay White match is gonna surprise a few people. The build has been excellent. The Switchblade v The Ace.
Hoping the Main events are as good as expected. They will be insane. The fatal 4 with Ospreay, the Villian, Takahashi & Kushida is gonna be fun.
The Gauntlet match, hair match, tag team championship matches. Where does it end ???
I hope they put on the best show ever and shake the wrestling landscape to the core. WWPee just sucks so bad at the moment.

Tanahashi vs. White will be massive. In fact, the top four matches will be insane.

Really quick thoughts on the show straight after,

Compared to last years WK...SO SO SO much fuller were the stands. However, last years show was much better...

Jericho/Omega easily match of the night, 35 minutes passed ******* quick. That's the sign of a top match. Jericho was super over, and it's quite clear walking away from the show...the WWE guy was the biggest star. But then again, Cody is a WWE guy and didn't have crowd support.

Jericho is just super respected.

Juicy, aka Gino Gambino made the New Japan Rumble! Aussie wrestler, I was shocked but so happy for him!

Tanahashi and White was anti-climatic and when you compare it to Tanahashi-Naito last year? Wow...

Naito not winning was Roman Reigns booking. Really dumb move I don't care if you view me as a smark or anything, the crowd was hot for Naito, he's edgy and cool. It was his time to win, he was the most over wrestler on the show, above Jericho and Tanahashi. The air was sapped out the stadium once he lost? As for the match, it was a fantastic match but I can't help compare the main event to previous years, it comes nowhere near the last 4 WK main events and Jericho and Omega was actually better which was a shock.

Fatal 4 Way, way too flippy, * that s**t sorry, not my style at all.

Nothing else was worth nothing, last years show was a 9.5/10. Tonight's a 7/10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its free tonight as well

enjoyed the show jericho/omega was match of the night

was disapointed in okada/naito a 4 year story to then job him out in the main event was s**t house super okada wins lol

also jay white what a waste of a tanahashi match

Been a fun two shows these past couple days. Will definitely be making more of an effort to keep up with shows this year. Feel like it's going to be a big year for a few of the guys.

I’ll give you 3 but not the 4 way.
I'm sure everyone has their opinions on jr heavyweights/cruiserweights, But I feel that flippy s**t needs to be in WWE's division.

WWE's cruiserweights are so awful, they are short people that punch and kick like they are 7 feet tall. The style is no different to the rest of the roster.

I'm sure everyone has their opinions on jr heavyweights/cruiserweights, But I feel that flippy s**t needs to be in WWE's division.

WWE's cruiserweights are so awful, they are short people that punch and kick like they are 7 feet tall. The style is no different to the rest of the roster.

agreed. But these days their heavyweights wrestle more like cruiserweights (Rollins/Balor/Styles etc) with wrestlers diving over/through the ropes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back