New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and FITE)

Remove this Banner Ad

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Almost time to sit back, turn up the japanese commentary and enjoy. I''m excited but keeping expectations low, the hype is getting a bit hard to match, just excited to see what sort matches they crank out.

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
oh I didn't know the thread had been made.

- The BOSJ final was amazing as always
- Naito feels that with a US belt being created, the IC belt is worthless hence stuff like
- Honestly I think Naito winning here and then dropping the belt in LA makes sense...except he's said he's retiring the damn thing if he wins. Maybe Elgin can save the day. Except he's gonna ****ing job to Cody. Ugh. I hope Tana doesn't ruin his body working through this injury
- I don't see how any of the repeat matches could possibly live up to WK except maybe the Junior title match. But hey. It's NJPW
- KUSHIDA, Goto, Tana, Omega
- We are so lucky to have this being blasted into prime time.

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
Is Naito retiring the belt a real possibility? It's an odd title in terms of where in the card it is. It's a secondary title for main eventers.

Voices of Wrestling once, I think on their podcast, explained how the NEVER belt works, which really changed how I think about this. I'm in no way able to explain it like they did, but I guess what you have to remember is this: NJPW isn't like WWE, where the Big Belt gets defended in the main event in every single house show and PPV and whatever else they can find. There's a lot of "secondary" shows where the IC title, or even the NEVER title, is the main event and Okada is in a 6 man tag, such as when Juice got his shot: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=173651, so yeah in the biggest PPVs, it's secondary, but it's still very important for the company. This also helps the likes of Naito and Goto show to NJPW that they can be a draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
so best 60 min time limit draw since Joe vs Punk II?

Yeah, I remember really liking it, but not being huge on that match even though i was following ROH at the time.
I thought last night's show was excellent, better than wrestle kingdom, with the only thing that had over it was the shibata match. I thought all the rematches were probably better. Incredible stuff.

so best 60 min time limit draw since Joe vs Punk II?

Yeah, I remember really liking it, but not being huge on that match even though i was following ROH at the time.

I vaguely recall the 3rd match being a bit of a disappointment in comparison. Let's hope Okada/Omega III doesn't follow that path (it shouldn't).

Superduperouzel

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
Germany
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St.Pauli FC, Hibernian FC
Speechless. Every single spot was exciting as hell. That moonsault off the top rope to the floor by Omega, those running dropkicks by Okada.
Unbelievable chemistry between these two. Okada & Omega are the true gods of pro wrestling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back