New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why was Nakamaura a Fail as the Main Guy in NJPW?
It's been awhile since I've heard the story told, but essentially Nakamura was pushed very strongly out of the gate. Youngest IWGP champion ever. And he didn't get over, so they swapped to one of the other Three New Musketeers (which was Tana - Shibata may have already left NJPW by then.) As for the why, well the Nakamura we know didn't really come into existence around 2010. I've watched some of those early matches, and...they're perfectly fine. By the time he turned into the charismatic guy, Tana was the ace, and Okada must have been a Young Lion by then, and possibly could have already been annotated as the future ace

Fun show tonight, last 3 matches worth a look for kawato's awesomeness, suzuki/yoshi-hashi build and Taguchi Japan vs LIJ always being good..

G1 Lineup
Tanahashi Makabe Elgin Okada Goto Ishii Yano YOSHI-HASHI Omega Fale Tonga Naito SANADA EVIL Kojima Nagata Juice Suzuki Zack Ibushi

Ibushi is the only unaligned guy this year (if we put Nagata, Kojima & Makabe together as the New Japan Dads). I would have liked one of War Machine but it's a bit hard to find someone to remove. You can't remove Yano and Fale because they're perfect guys for the Major players to drop matches to

looks almost certain that they are building to okada vs naito and omega vs ibushi at wk but if they dont give omega a run with the belt it will be a mistake

Last edited:
looks almost certain that they are building too okada vs naito and omega vs ibushi at wk but if they dont give omega a run with the belt it will be a mistake

He would leave over that

He would leave over that
ibushi is like his best mate so wouldnt be that. but he wants to be champ there. i can understand them not wanting to do it incase he leaves but he deserves a run with it

ibushi is like his best mate so wouldnt be that. but he wants to be champ there. i can understand them not wanting to do it incase he leaves but he deserves a run with it

Agree. Lack of Trust from NJPW. Do they think once he Accomplish his Goal of being IWGP World Champ he would up and leave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Lack of Trust from NJPW. Do they think once he Accomplish his Goal of being IWGP World Champ he would up and leave
well think about it wwe took balor then took aj/anderson/gallows/nakamura they have offered okada deals before and also went for bad luck fale.

well think about it wwe took balor then took aj/anderson/gallows/nakamura they have offered okada deals before and also went for bad luck fale.

Fair Enough but would they make Sure he Lost the Title before his Contract Ran Out?

Fair Enough but would they make Sure he Lost the Title before his Contract Ran Out?
its not the point dave. they dont do hot potato with the strap like wwe does. if you get the belt its because they invest in you and expect you to be around. they gave the title early to aj and he did great but in the end he left they are scared of investing in western talent to have them walk out. omega has already flirted with coming to the wwe

its not the point dave. they dont do hot potato with the strap like wwe does. if you get the belt its because they invest in you and expect you to be around. they gave the title early to aj and he did great but in the end he left they are scared of investing in western talent to have them walk out. omega has already flirted with coming to the wwe

So they don't give it to Overseas Talent as they s**t Scared of them Getting HomeSick and heading Home

So they don't give it to Overseas Talent as they s**t Scared of them Getting HomeSick and heading Home
the only 3 i know who have won the world title there is vader/scott norton and aj styles. brock lesnar won it as well but new japan doesnt count that

How come?
my bad looked again they do count it. just remember brock had issues and wouldnt give the belt back and it became the igf title and new japan made a new one until brock agreed to drop it to kurt who then dropped it too nakamura unifying it

looks almost certain that they are building to okada vs naito and omega vs ibushi at wk but if they dont give omega a run with the belt it will be a mistake

Agree. I can understand not wanting to give Omega the title when he won't commit beyond one or two years. But failing to do so now in a way burns all the good work up until now creating his journey. He should win the G1 again and capture the title at Wrestlekingdom. He won't jump before the April (allowing him to build and then drop at one of the biggest shows) event if they do that in fact I'm quite sure he won't jump at all.

G1 Blocks. Very nice.

A Block

Hiroshi Tanahashi
Togi Makabe
Tomohiro Ishii
Hirooki Goto
YOSHI-HASHI
Bad Luck Fale
Yuji Nagata
Zack Sabre Jr.
Kota Ibushi
Tetsuya Naito