New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

G1 been super the first couple of days. Suzuki v Ishii phenomenal.

I've been holding off for the English commentary, but am almost certain that Kelly will have pissed me off within a week and I'll have gone to live/Japanese commentary.

I've been holding off for the English commentary, but am almost certain that Kelly will have pissed me off within a week and I'll have gone to live/Japanese commentary.

I love Kelly. But such is the enthusiasm of the Japanese commentators that nothing is lost in comparison. Been awesome.

cant understand why so many people *need* english commentary
Even if I don't like the commentators, I'd prefer to hear little tidbits in English rather than being completely out of the loop on some things. Also when a Japanese guy cuts a promo the English guys would translate during.

Even if I don't like the commentators, I'd prefer to hear little tidbits in English rather than being completely out of the loop on some things. Also when a Japanese guy cuts a promo the English guys would translate during.
Yeah the translation is what I miss but the Japanese commentators get so ******* hyped, it's great.

I know what you mean, but like some people act as if the entire thing is unwatchable if there's no english commentary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know what you mean, but like some people act as if the entire thing is unwatchable if there's no english commentary
Yeah it's not a deal breaker, but if both are available I'll naturally choose English.

sometimes I wish for a 'no commentary' option. Obviously when cheering's back, but it feels like you're there live and it's great

Yea I like that best too. I think it can depend a lot how much you know about the product and characters. Everyone in here knows enough about it to not really be fussed by commentary but someone new to NJPW I can understand needing it.

Won't lie that the initial thing that got me into NJPW was seeing somewhere that JR was calling Wrestle kingdom 2015.

In some ways I wish we'd never gotten English commentary - I might've just preferred English subs on promos.

Before we were getting regular English commentary I was really getting into the normal commentary, and could even feel some of my grade 7-8 Japanese coming back. But the English commentary just seems so much easier in terms of being able to understand storylines, which I think has become more important in NJPW over the last 6-8 years. The notion that it's wrestling first and storylines waaay behind is a bit outdated.

Yea I like that best too. I think it can depend a lot how much you know about the product and characters. Everyone in here knows enough about it to not really be fussed by commentary but someone new to NJPW I can understand needing it.

Won't lie that the initial thing that got me into NJPW was seeing somewhere that JR was calling Wrestle kingdom 2015.
Even if you're new I feel like if you do enough research you can figure most of it out

Who said they did?
If you don't then it's fine, but there is a large minority of those that are open about not being able to watch without it which is... odd

Also after tonight I hope it's a reminder to everyone that YOSHI-HASHI is a gun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back