New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ibushi wins the G1.

Since Naito currently has 2 belts, I can see him defending the IC Title as the main-event on Night 1 and then the IWGP Title vs Ibushi on Night 2.

A lot of the rest of the card looks like it may even write itself already. Good ol' Gedo and his long-term booking.

Ibushi wins the G1.

Since Naito currently has 2 belts, I can see him defending the IC Title as the main-event on Night 1 and then the IWGP Title vs Ibushi on Night 2.

A lot of the rest of the card looks like it may even write itself already. Good ol' Gedo and his long-term booking.

expect him to lose both?

It’s Naito vs Ibushi on WK night 1 and vs White on WK night 2

I feel like I've been very lenient on my chosen sporting and entertainment companies during the COVID era, but * me if there isn't anything that NJPW have announced this week that I could give a s**t about.

I know it's tough to build new stars in 2020 (although I reckon Wyatt is the best he's ever been) - but when's the last time NJPW created a genuine new star?

I haven't looked far enough ahead to know what's happening with the Victory/Straya/Stars on 4 & 5 January, but I expect I'll be watching both nights... I just don't have much interest in seeing Ospreay, EVIL or even Okada in particularly prominent positions. They've failed badly in giving me someone new to care about.

I feel like I've been very lenient on my chosen sporting and entertainment companies during the COVID era, but fu** me if there isn't anything that NJPW have announced this week that I could give a sh*t about.

I know it's tough to build new stars in 2020 (although I reckon Wyatt is the best he's ever been) - but when's the last time NJPW created a genuine new star?

I haven't looked far enough ahead to know what's happening with the Victory/Straya/Stars on 4 & 5 January, but I expect I'll be watching both nights... I just don't have much interest in seeing Ospreay, EVIL or even Okada in particularly prominent positions. They've failed badly in giving me someone new to care about.
Jay White in 2018.

Ospreay, while not new, NJPW are clearly elevating him breaking away from CHAOS and giving him his own stable to lead.

Same thing with Ibushi, they are clearly elevating him to main event picture with his G1 win for two straight years.

Jay White in 2018.

Ospreay, while not new, NJPW are clearly elevating him breaking away from CHAOS and giving him his own stable to lead.

Same thing with Ibushi, they are clearly elevating him to main event picture with his G1 win for two straight years.

Yep, Ospreay gets a promotion out of the speaking out movement.

They weren't even subtle about it when they used Bea as well.

I feel like I've been very lenient on my chosen sporting and entertainment companies during the COVID era, but fu** me if there isn't anything that NJPW have announced this week that I could give a sh*t about.

Master Wato and the Great O-Khan aren't big enough stars for you? :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reminder, just sign up on NJPW World to watch Wrestle Kingdom but wait until after 1st of the month. you can buy the shows on FITE (A$31ea, A$47 for both; or pay with FITE credits), but way cheaper on NJPW World
Yeah doesn’t make sense to spend $47 on FITE for WK, when a monthly subscription is only 999yen, approximately $13aud.
You can cancel the NJPW subscription any time. Only problem is as soon as you cancel, you immediately lose access.
It’s not like Netflix or wwe network whereby you still get access to end of billing period.

The full cards for Wrestle Kingdom 15 are as follows:

January 4:
  • Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles
  • Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Great-O-Khan
  • KENTA vs. Juice Robinson for the IWGP US title contract briefcase
  • Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Guerillas of Destiny for the IWGP Tag Team titles
  • Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo
  • King of Pro Wrestling Ranbo
January 5:
  • Winner of Naito-Ibushi vs. Jay White for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles
  • Taiji Ishimori vs. Hiromu-ELP winner for the IWGP Jr. title
  • SANADA vs. EVIL
  • Shingo Takagi vs. Jeff Cobb for the NEVER Openweight title
  • El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team titles
  • 4-way match for the KOPW title
  • Dark match featuring Stardom talent
NJPW's New Year Dash!! event will take place on January 6 at Tokyo Dome City Hall

The full cards for Wrestle Kingdom 15 are as follows:

January 4:
  • Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles
  • Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Great-O-Khan
  • KENTA vs. Juice Robinson for the IWGP US title contract briefcase
  • Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Guerillas of Destiny for the IWGP Tag Team titles
  • Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo
  • King of Pro Wrestling Ranbo
January 5:
  • Winner of Naito-Ibushi vs. Jay White for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles
  • Taiji Ishimori vs. Hiromu-ELP winner for the IWGP Jr. title
  • SANADA vs. EVIL
  • Shingo Takagi vs. Jeff Cobb for the NEVER Openweight title
  • El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team titles
  • 4-way match for the KOPW title
  • Dark match featuring Stardom talent
NJPW's New Year Dash!! event will take place on January 6 at Tokyo Dome City Hall
Win Predictions in BOLD
Surely it’s time for Ibushi to be champ and I think Ospreay goes over Okada.

If Okada does lose on Day 1, I think he gets added to the card on Day 2.
Loser of Naito/Ibushi v loser of Okada/Ospreay on Day 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back