New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like they made a call to only pick one out from Impact, AEW, CMLL and Gleat. nevertheless very promising signs. I think Lindaman still has his Gleat belt so you'd think he'll be very protected, maybe only have a time limit draw and then perhaps one loss to El Desperado or someone to set up a match in Gleat.

big night for Bullet Club, but then Bullet Club has a lot of history here. Anderson/Gallows made their return, Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens won the tag titles, a very bad choice but whatever, and Juice Robinson's retirement was a work and he's joined Bullet Club. I'm writing this before the main event and I'm half expecting Jay White to turn up afterwards.

El Desperado/Ishimori was very good and Tanahashi/Ishii was amazing. can't believe Gedo didn't book a singles match between two of the best ever for 5 years. Crowd noise restrictions are still in place but a ton of spots have caused the crowd to make noise anyway.

"During a press conference on May 27 2022 regarding events concerning Kota Ibushi and a member of NJPW staff (henceforth “The Official”), it was announced that both Mr. Ibushi and The Official would be subject to penalties as a result of their actions. Upon consideration, these penalties have been determined, and in the interest of transparency, are outlined below.

KOTA IBUSHI: A ten percent (10%) reduction in pay for the three month period between July and September 2022 as a result of a breach of contract.

Representative Director TAKAMI OHBARI: A ten percent (10%) reduction in pay for the three month period between July and September 2022 as a result of executive responsibility.

THE OFFICIAL: A ten percent (10%) reduction in pay for the three month period between July and September 2022, as well as a transfer to a different position as a result of inappropriate comments toward a wrestler representing a breach of duty.

New Japan Pro-Wrestling would like to once again apologise for the concern and inconvenience caused by these events, and humbly ask for your continued support."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

now that Jay White is champion, maybe switch the match to Okada/Hangman vs White/Cole? I guess they could do a 4 way?
Yeah I reckon a 4 way, would have preferred Okada vs Hangman with Okada going over though.

ZSJ also wants Danielson.
Wonder what happens with new IWGP US Champ Will Ospreay also.

Kind of expected some more AEW rep there. Instead of, like, Yujiro...

Right? Surely AEW have enough people under contract not doing much to send over a Miro, maybe Lance Archer cos he has history there, maybe a Lethal or Kazarian.

Then there a guys who, storyline wise, the timing isn’t perfect - but I would’ve loved to see Buddy Murphy and Eddie Kingston in it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The winners of Tomoaki Honma and Clark Connors, and Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Tomohiro Ishii meet in the semi main event for a shot at AEW’s newest championship at Forbidden Door. Who will head to Chicago with a golden opportunity?

So I guess Ishii is the likely winner?

That's not Shingo :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back