New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta get in to this G1, the length has daunted me in the past but I think I'll just start and see how I go.

Any word on a potential NJPW tour of Aus later this year?
Maybe just watch a few matches from the first few nights. Most are skippable enough (but largely all better than most WWE matches) but most of the main event matches have been fantastic (I'm counting Ishii vs Ibushi as a main event match because it would have been had the event not been home town for Makabe).

Favorite match so far? Just finished night 4 and I think maybe Okada vs Elgin. That was tremendous. I don't usually get that excited for Elgin matches pre-match but he always delivers. That match, and the Naito match from Osaka are very top echelon for me this year. Ibushi vs ZSJ or Goto vs Ishii have also stood out so far.

Favorite match so far? Just finished night 4 and I think maybe Okada vs Elgin. That was tremendous. I don't usually get that excited for Elgin matches pre-match but he always delivers. That match, and the Naito match from Osaka are very top echelon for me this year. Ibushi vs ZSJ or Goto vs Ishii have also stood out so far.
I haven't watched night 5 or 6 yet. From first 4 ZSJ v Ibushi. Okada v Elgin awesome but spoiled by Elgin not winning when he should have after belting Okada with that much offense.

Anyone actually been to a NJPW show? I'm heading over in Nov and coincidentally Power Struggle lines up with the trip, so hoping to get there and wanted to get some info on tickets/prices etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone actually been to a NJPW show? I'm heading over in Nov and coincidentally Power Struggle lines up with the trip, so hoping to get there and wanted to get some info on tickets/prices etc.

I'll be there in October so ill be able to give some info after that trip. Power Struggle is in Osaka so if you're there it would be awesome. There's a site https://ticket.tickebo.jp/pc/ where you can buy tickets overseas. There's is an English version of the site if you click it up the top but sometimes some events don't appear on both versions of the site. Power Struggle might not be sold on there, I'm not sure why some are and some aren't, otherwise you can try something like https://buysumotickets.com/ which are a third party tickets buying site which ive heard people use for wrestling. Otherwise you might have to wait until you're in the country to buy from a convenience store.
Usually the best seats around ringside are snapped up by the fan club, but i'm guessing the next best tickets would be just over 100 dollars.

I'll be there in October so ill be able to give some info after that trip. Power Struggle is in Osaka so if you're there it would be awesome. There's a site https://ticket.tickebo.jp/pc/ where you can buy tickets overseas. There's is an English version of the site if you click it up the top but sometimes some events don't appear on both versions of the site. Power Struggle might not be sold on there, I'm not sure why some are and some aren't, otherwise you can try something like https://buysumotickets.com/ which are a third party tickets buying site which ive heard people use for wrestling. Otherwise you might have to wait until you're in the country to buy from a convenience store.
Usually the best seats around ringside are snapped up by the fan club, but i'm guessing the next best tickets would be just over 100 dollars.
Cheers for that. I've never been big on NJPW but figure if we are there, may as well check it out. Coincidentally it's the last night we're in Osaka, so guess it's meant to be! Which show you seeing?

Cheers for that. I've never been big on NJPW but figure if we are there, may as well check it out. Coincidentally it's the last night we're in Osaka, so guess it's meant to be! Which show you seeing?

King of Pro Wrestling, so should be good. I'm seeing a few other shows from other promotions as well, so i'm packing it in while i have the chance.

King of Pro Wrestling, so should be good. I'm seeing a few other shows from other promotions as well, so i'm packing it in while i have the chance.
Sounds sweet man! You just getting tix when you get there? I'll have to start getting up with all the happenings of NJPW before I leave.

I've still trying to watch everything live, but if I miss something I'm not catching up at this moment. I've got Suzuki winning tonight (it's Suzuki's home town supposedly?) but I'm less certain on Omega/SANADA, mainly because I don't know how the tiebreakers work. If they have Omega and Suzuki win tonight, Evil winning tonight and losing on the last night, and then Okada/Omega is a draw, they'll be 13-all with Kenny having wins over Suzuki and Evil (on 12 points each). So Kenny could go ahead maybe? Kenny shouldn't be pinning Okada imo to win the block

Of course Evil could just win both matches

Yeah I think it was my favorite of this years trilogy. Epic stuff. Super show from the nagata match/moment to that fun 10-man. I love the Sumo Hall shows, got to be the best crowd/arena in wrestling, everything is elevated by that atmosphere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back