New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

This Super Junior Tag Tournament has been fun.

Also going to the shows in Japan was incredible. For the King of Po Wrestling show the atmosphere in Sumo Hall was sensational. Very different seeing wrestling in Japan with the crowd 50/50 female and male, and all ages from kids to grandparents. Felt more like a sporting event with everyone cheering their favorites rather than people there to watch a show. Very pure reactions from the crowd, people buying into everything, girls screaming. Much louder in the building than comes across on tv. My camera phone is terrible so not really worth posting pics, but I had some good ones from the other Korakuen Hall shows I went to.

I also saw Dragon Gate, NOAH, Big Japan and Wrestle-1 all at Korakuen Hall. Was heaven. Happy to answer any questions about the whole thing.

This Super Junior Tag Tournament has been fun.

Also going to the shows in Japan was incredible. For the King of Po Wrestling show the atmosphere in Sumo Hall was sensational. Very different seeing wrestling in Japan with the crowd 50/50 female and male, and all ages from kids to grandparents. Felt more like a sporting event with everyone cheering their favorites rather than people there to watch a show. Very pure reactions from the crowd, people buying into everything, girls screaming. Much louder in the building than comes across on tv. My camera phone is terrible so not really worth posting pics, but I had some good ones from the other Korakuen Hall shows I went to.

I also saw Dragon Gate, NOAH, Big Japan and Wrestle-1 all at Korakuen Hall. Was heaven. Happy to answer any questions about the whole thing.
I fly out tomorrow for Power Struggle, final card is released and i'm pretty happy with it tbh.
https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/13057?showCards=1 + Omega v Beretta.

One question, does anyone know how gnarly they are likely to get in the bullrope deathmatch?

Last edited:
I fly out tomorrow for Power Struggle, final card is released and i'm pretty happy with it tbh.
https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/13057?showCards=1 + Omega v Beretta.

One question, does anyone know how gnarly they are likely to get in the bullrope deathmatch?

I don't expect much, I think it will be full of Yano shenanigans, probably more a comedy match but who knows. New Japan uses the term deathmatch in place of Nq DQ so it's not going to be a Big Japan style actual deathmatch.

I don't expect much, I think it will be full of Yano shenanigans, probably more a comedy match but who knows. New Japan uses the term deathmatch in place of Nq DQ so it's not going to be a Big Japan style actual deathmatch.
Thanks, should break up the show a bit anyway with a bit of comedy. Keen to see how big Edion Arena is, only tend to get around 5k at previous shows there I believe.

Fairly easy to be honest. I did it on my own and despite feeling like an idiot a fair few times it can be done. Lots of stuff online and people to help if there's any difficulties. I'll be back for sure.

Waow cant believe it i always forget to use my njpw world pass and tonight i did and that jericho surprise blew my mind.

Listen I dont think Jericho is what he once was, he's not at the level of the top njpw guys anymore but it doesnt matter because Omega is so good. It's a huge draw for njpw. Selfishly the only downside to this is that it looks like anither year or more before we see Omega in wwe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waow cant believe it i always forget to use my njpw world pass and tonight i did and that jericho surprise blew my mind.

Listen I dont think Jericho is what he once was, he's not at the level of the top njpw guys anymore but it doesnt matter because Omega is so good. It's a huge draw for njpw. Selfishly the only downside to this is that it looks like anither year or more before we see Omega in wwe.

We're about to find out if he can still go or if the WWE style has just been restricting him to 5 moves over and over again for the last decade.

Could well be a classic

We're about to find out if he can still go or if the WWE style has just been restricting him to 5 moves over and over again for the last decade.

Could well be a classic

I thought he struggled to keep up in the AJ matches and they were ordinary. He'll be 47 this month and has had a long career so it's expected. I'm guessing they will actually work a WWE style match with both guys playing the crowd as they do so well, and working within their limitations. They'll be on a card with the best workers in the world and Jericho will be against a guy who's had incredible athletic matches recently so I'm not sure it will be the best idea to try and emulate that style, more to try something different, and it'll probably be really good. But who really knows, feels like anything can happen in wrestling at the moment

man Jay White really getting the push huh

Was just thinking about this and it feels weird for a Dome main event, and the way New Japan long term books they are probably still filling in plans from a year ago and this was meant to be Shibata Vs Tanahashi. I also think it was meant to be Ibushi Vs Omega and this Jericho thing was a more recent decision based on the opportunity.

Jericho is a fat hasbeen but he can stay here for 10 years if it keeps him away from WWE.

Jericho is a fat hasbeen but he can stay here for 10 years if it keeps him away from WWE.

Wash your mouth out! Lol

He may not be in the shape he was 10-15 years ago but he’s still got more charisma in his little finger than half the WWE roster. He got a clipboard, paper and pen over for God’s sake.

I’d welcome him back into the Fed again for the right program/opponent. Looking forward to what he and Omega can put together in a non North American market.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back