Remove this Banner Ad

the_fresh

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
dowdenphotography.com
So with all that happened to my now wife with her workplace, it's before the courts now, and her taking a pay cut at a new workplace I've had to go get a full time job to get out incomes back up with me also running a business.
Last week was my first week, all seems to be going well, however I was lied to in the interview so bad that if I had been told the truth chances are I wouldn't have taken the job at the pay rate.
I was told they're looking for a guy in the area because they had a female who found that the clients were a bit rude and sexist to, this isn't the case at all, she was attacked and bashed outside a home in the area.
All the clients loved her and are slightly disappointed that she won't be back, but understand. This information was only told to me in passing by one of the clients who said "We were asked not to tell you".
Now I'll be able to handle myself, but the lack of transparency could have put me in danger and I'm pissed off about it.

So with all that happened to my now wife with her workplace, it's before the courts now, and her taking a pay cut at a new workplace I've had to go get a full time job to get out incomes back up with me also running a business.
Last week was my first week, all seems to be going well, however I was lied to in the interview so bad that if I had been told the truth chances are I wouldn't have taken the job at the pay rate.
I was told they're looking for a guy in the area because they had a female who found that the clients were a bit rude and sexist to, this isn't the case at all, she was attacked and bashed outside a home in the area.
All the clients loved her and are slightly disappointed that she won't be back, but understand. This information was only told to me in passing by one of the clients who said "We were asked not to tell you".
Now I'll be able to handle myself, but the lack of transparency could have put me in danger and I'm pissed off about it.
You've got three options. Swallow your disappointment and get on with the job; address your concerns with the employers and ask why they were untruthful; leave.

Employers are very rarely going to tell the truth or rather the whole story. While the lack of transparency is frightening in terms of their callous disregard for your safety they were technically under no obligations to tell you.

Just rock up, do the business as per your contract and make sure your employer is fulfilling their obligations to you. If you are unhappy search for a better offer and leave quick smart. Provided you are not put at risk do the job to the best of your ability but take care of your interests first and foremost.

, this isn't the case at all, she was attacked and bashed outside a home in the area.
I understand your concern but is this a possibility in your line of work? You talked about '' being able to handle myself'' indicating ( to me) that there is an element of risk in your job anyway. If this is so , they didn't undersell the danger.

Happy to hear more :)

I understand your concern but is this a possibility in your line of work? You talked about '' being able to handle myself'' indicating ( to me) that there is an element of risk in your job anyway. If this is so , they didn't undersell the danger.

Happy to hear more :)
Its real estate photography, so not part of the job at all

Last edited:
From what I've been told from agents is she was shooting a house and someone next door was a dealer and came outside and started kicking the living sh*t out of her.

They are offering something to all staff that work in the field, however I haven't been told yet.

On Thursday I'll be out on my own, with the company car and gear, I feel like saying something then if not offered anything extra.

Sounds like a nasty once off. Possibly the druggie was paranoid that he was being under surveillance. No excuse but sounds unusual.

Not sure what added protection you could take. Check in with the office before leaving the car and once you return to the car?

You could say no to jobs if you know the neighbourhood is dodgy but they'd probably fire you. If you say no, what about the sales agents and property managers?

I guess if you are uncomfortable with locations they send you to, find another role for your peace of mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back