The Jumper Thread

Club has put up pics of the new jumper from Castore that we will be wearing.

I can't say that I am a fan of the contrasting piping on the collars.

I wish the Club would stop fu(king with our jumper design.

5fd9c6014ef48.jpg
5fd9c6004923b.jpg

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
I wish the Club would stop fu(king with our jumper design.

It's a well thought out ploy, like Coca Cola classic. Keep changing the design, then you can sell the old designs as retro and rake in the cash.

Works great, except for that absolute travesty of a design which was the Ochre one. Hopeful all of those jumpers with that design are burning in hell.

Nothing wrong with the new jumpers. Jeez guys like winge over nothing! :cool:

Apologies, sorry, didn't realise that on a forum like this, I wasn't allowed to express my opinion without it being seen as a whinge.

Apologies, sorry, didn't realise that on a forum like this, I wasn't allowed to express my opinion without it being seen as a whinge.

Even if it is a whinge it's a justifiable one. Every year Eagles fans wait to see what changes have been made to our jumper, when really the only unknown should be the indigenous round strip. It was great from the start - granted the Eagles head may be a bit 80s, but it's been so simple, blue with yellow wings as a standard, yellow with blue for a clash. Simple.

And the most annoying part about it is that is truly seems like it's a cash grab for season to season, like there's some design and marketing staff that are trying to justify their position by making changes like a public servant does.

Okay that was more of a rant than a whinge.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
I can't say that I am a fan of the contrasting piping on the collars.

I'm with you on that. The overlap flat v-neck design has been around in rugby and soccer for some years now. And I've never been a fan.

In fact, it is now old style/out of date and has been replaced in some areas such as the England rugby shirt.
1608289456769.png
1608289361613.png

And the most annoying part about it is that is truly seems like it's a cash grab for season to season, like there's some design and marketing staff that are trying to justify their position by making changes like a public servant does.

It is, usually.

In the UK soccer scene, it is standard to change the kit, just a bit, every year to help sales. They usually change the home kit a bit, and the away kit a lot. Some teams even have alternate away kits as well.

While the home kit just gets a bit of a change, the colours stay the same and the design may only change slightly. The away kit can be totally different in all aspects from year to year. For example, the ManU home kit has always been red, but the away kit was white in 2018 and black in 2020.

I accept that we were forced into a change by ISC pulling out, and also accept that the new company have to put their own stamp on the new design, but some parts just don't look great.

Core elements are the same, I'm personally not too fussed on pin striping of collars etc. Hope the colours look bold and bright in person and I am happy. Royal wings = West Coast Eagles

scotty90

Draftee
Jul 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Great decision to align with a premium brand like Castore which is aligning itself with premium brands around the world. It’s on trend and classy. For those complaining about the change ISC went broke so all AFL clubs with ISC had to change this year.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Win the flag in 2021 and I'll accept any design with a gold logo on it. Even the ochre or tablecloth.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
This has nothing to do with the design. It’s just the jumper template. Some brands change it every year or so.

It’s so minimal that I don’t love or hate it tbh,

Back