The Jumper Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The only change that has been made is to the collar and obviously the manufacturer logo, so I’m not sure what the problem is?

personally I like the piping & Don’t mind the cross over (quite like it on the clash). But on the home jumper it doesn’t work as well. On the clash you can see the stitching of the collar coming to a point underneath but obviously can’t see it on the home so it just sort of looks like a line cutting across.

excuse the super rough editing but here’s the jumpers with & without the cross over. BBCB37CA-2761-4B35-8A6C-51D7DCEBFFD4.jpeg
9A33AA03-19A5-438D-85D2-4BDCD35E0860.jpeg

The only change that has been made is to the collar and obviously the manufacturer logo, so I’m not sure what the problem is?

personally I like the piping & Don’t mind the cross over (quite like it on the clash). But on the home jumper it doesn’t work as well. On the clash you can see the stitching of the collar coming to a point underneath but obviously can’t see it on the home so it just sort of looks like a line cutting across.

excuse the super rough editing but here’s the jumpers with & without the cross over.View attachment 1031001
View attachment 1031002
Capture.PNG

karl kiss.gif

surprised that they only have one training jumper this year. they seemed to have got rid of the yellow one

Gonna be interesting to see which Eagle they target as a sponsor. Nic Nat would be a huge get but hard to see him leaving Nike.

Castore, ISC, Classic, O'Neills, Sekem, Cotton On, XBlades, New Balance, Macron... what the hell happened to the AFL? It's become a who's who of no name sportswear brands.

I remember when the big 3 (Nike, Adidas, Puma) had a big presence, I think they only have 3 clubs between them now. Castore might end up being great but i find it weird that powerhouse clubs in the biggest sporting competition in the country and partnering with fledgling brands.

I'm also surprised AFL HQ hasn't taken over and arranged a competition wide uniform supplier like they have in the NBA.

Castore, ISC, Classic, O'Neills, Sekem, Cotton On, XBlades, New Balance, Macron... what the hell happened to the AFL? It's become a who's who of no name sportswear brands.

I remember when the big 3 (Nike, Adidas, Puma) had a big presence, I think they only have 3 clubs between them now. Castore might end up being great but i find it weird that powerhouse clubs in the biggest sporting competition in the country and partnering with fledgling brands.

I'm also surprised AFL HQ hasn't taken over and arranged a competition wide uniform supplier like they have in the NBA.
More than 3. Nike have Pies and Swans, Puma have Blues, GWS and Richmond and Adidas have Hawks. Plus Essendon are with Under Armor who are a big name these days.

Excited to see how the Castore player guernseys turn out.

Hoping the piping grows on me, but other than that the template looks nice and clean.

Could we have a 35th year anniversary guernsey in the works next season?

More than 3. Nike have Pies and Swans, Puma have Blues, GWS and Richmond and Adidas have Hawks. Plus Essendon are with Under Armor who are a big name these days.

Sydney and the Pies leaving ISC is new. Club websites aren't updated.

It's a step in the right direction anyway. WC had Puma jumpers for years before going to ISC who everyone seems to have abandoned.

Sydney and the Pies leaving ISC is new. Club websites aren't updated.

It's a step in the right direction anyway. WC had Puma jumpers for years before going to ISC who everyone seems to have abandoned.
Pies hasn't technically been announced yet but it's happening, Swans was announced a few weeks back. ISC quit the AFL/NRL, apparently we were one of the few clubs across the AFL/NRL that they made money sponsoring but we choose Castore anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Castore are young but they have deals with a couple of premier league clubs and Andy Murray was on their books last year so they look to be a brand on the up. New Balance are pretty big. But yeah agreed the rest are a bit hodgepodge for a competition like the AFL. I bought some O'Neills gear when I lived in Ireland many moons ago and it's quality stuff but their presence outside of Eire is pretty minimal, although I was surprised to see they have a couple of Super Rugby and NRL teams on their roster.

Hopefully Ocean & Earth can get in on the action soon.

don't get the big fuss over Nike. They were trash in the last couple years they had Carlton.

Puma would have been nice

I found the ISC stuff off-field wear to be pretty crap quality compared to Puma. Happy to see them gone. Hopefully Castore is as "premium" as they claim.

Wouldn’t call Macron a no name brand. Their presence in Australia is small, but they’re one of Europe’s biggest brands. They’re probably the biggest brand in European football outside of the ‘big 3’ you mentioned.

But do they sponsor anyone good? Big clubs don't seek out a deal with Macron.
They sponsor teams in every top European football league apart from the PL.

Point is, they’re no small brand.

There’s no money in AFL merchandise, hence why the big 3 have taken such a big step back and why it sent BLK and ISC bust.

I found the ISC stuff off-field wear to be pretty crap quality compared to Puma. Happy to see them gone. Hopefully Castore is as "premium" as they claim.
Their premium stuff seem to be +200 bucks for hoodies and etc. I've seen some around $400 and I doubt we will get any of that stuff. That said I'm hoping their stuff better than ISC and etc.

I don’t know personally but I’m told Castore make high quality golf wear, which makes me think the off field gear might be pretty good.

I don’t know personally but I’m told Castore make high quality golf wear, which makes me think the off field gear might be pretty good.
They do make a lot of golf gear.

They also make the West Indies cricket stuff as well... https://castore.com/collections/west-indies
And Glasgow Rangers gear... https://shop.rangers.co.uk/
And a tie in with McLaren F1... https://castore.com/pages/mclaren

And they've got into tennis gear with Andy Murray.

So they're certainly spreading the love at the moment.

I wish the Club would stop fu(king with our jumper design.
It hasn't - its the exact same design applied by a new manufacturer on their template. Don't think the club has changed anything. But every manufacturer has their own template decision.

It's good to see the wings, logos, colours are all the same.

It's because Castore is toilet and nobody wants their merch gaiz, or we'd be in front by the length of the flemington.

Interesting that Collingwood have taped over the previous sponsors names (ISC) whilst we haven't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back