New Jumper Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

shane

Debutant
Mar 12, 2001
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
You may have seen in the paper this morning a web site by an Eagles fan, Rod Limmerick http://members.iinet.net.au/~limmers/ which is advocating that the club change it's jumper design to something which the players won't be embarrassed to wear.

Because we Dockers supporters always like to help out the Eagles in times of need, Dockerland.com has come up with a few designs which we think are a bit more representative of their club.

http://fremantle.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1502&p=2&stid=8189896

Originally posted by shane
You may have seen in the paper this morning a web site by an Eagles fan, Rod Limmerick http://members.iinet.net.au/~limmers/ which is advocating that the club change it's jumper design to something which the players won't be embarrassed to wear.

Because we Dockers supporters always like to help out the Eagles in times of need, Dockerland.com has come up with a few designs which we think are a bit more representative of their club.

http://fremantle.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1502&p=2&stid=8189896
I believe a bigfooty member designed those!! Am I right?

Just saw those designs of yours shane ..

Classic mate

He put a lot of work into the designs, IMO they look great apart from one thing..

They look overlap a half dozen other teams in the comp. They keep opting for navy blue with some coloured trim. If they want product differentiation then they need to go back to the lighter blue shades and large yellow panels.

The problem is that everyone wants to be wearing navy blue or black.

Teams that overlap - Blues, Eagles, Crows, Bombers, Tigers
and to a lesser extent Power, Dees, Geelong, Saints, Pies, Bulldogs and Roos
Teams with unique jumper designs - Lions, Swans, Dockers, Hawks.

But on the face of it I think those designs are miles ahead of the current ones.

I'm sure the Eagles will appreciate the help of the Dockers fans on this one. :D

Great stuff boys.

Re: Re: New Jumper Designs

Originally posted by TheMase

I believe a bigfooty member designed those!! Am I right?

Just saw those designs of yours shane ..

Classic mate

Yeah Mr Eagle designed them.

Originally posted by RacerX
They look overlap a half dozen other teams in the comp. They keep opting for navy blue with some coloured trim. If they want product differentiation then they need to go back to the lighter blue shades and large yellow panels.

Those early jumpers were worse than the ones we have now! :eek:

The real early ones were deadset awful - you're right there Visro. I was thinking more about the early nineties jumpers which were far more distinct than the navy blue.

Maybe it's just me cause my favourite Dockers jumper was the early away strip which was mostly green.

Originally posted by RacerX
If they want product differentiation then they need to go back to the lighter blue shades and large yellow panels.

The problem is that everyone wants to be wearing navy blue or black.

Teams that overlap - Blues, Eagles, Crows, Bombers, Tigers
and to a lesser extent Power, Dees, Geelong, Saints, Pies, Bulldogs and Roos
Teams with unique jumper designs - Lions, Swans, Dockers, Hawks.

Lions: Maroon
Swans: White
Dockers: Purple
Hawks: Brown

The only reason these teams stand out is because the guts of their jumper is a fairly unique colour. There's no real point in the Eagles going out of their way to get one of their own when the AFL is about to introduce compulsory alternate guernseys.

The home jumper should basically be whatever looks best for the club, regardless of any other team's jumper. The alternate jumper is there specifically to deal with the navy and black issue, hence my strong adoption of orange and yellow in the alternate designs. "Product differentiation" is a marketing excuse and well, we all know what happened last time marketing was an issue in jumper designs....

Originally posted by Mr Eagle

Lions: Maroon
Swans: White
Dockers: Purple
Hawks: Brown

The only reason these teams stand out is because the guts of their jumper is a fairly unique colour. There's no real point in the Eagles going out of their way to get one of their own when the AFL is about to introduce compulsory alternate guernseys.

The home jumper should basically be whatever looks best for the club, regardless of any other team's jumper. The alternate jumper is there specifically to deal with the navy and black issue, hence my strong adoption of orange and yellow in the alternate designs. "Product differentiation" is a marketing excuse and well, we all know what happened last time marketing was an issue in jumper designs....

Fair enough - and for the record I think the orange and yellow in your designs looks great.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back