Prediction New Jumper Numbers - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Have seen a few people take a punt at these in the draft thread so bragging rights up for grabs once again people!

Some pretty juicy options available.

Phillipou has reportedly asked the club for #2, so I rekon we can lock that in. Does anyone get an upgrade? What would you do if you were handing them out?

#2 - Matteus Phillipou - I thought he'd take his old man's #21 but he's reached out to Tony Brown and the club to wear #2. Rekon he'll get his wish. What a ******* alpha this kid is.

#10 - Leave it empty - Boston Everitt is eligible soon and I think he's the prefect choice to try and break the curse. Get Spida back down to the club to present things and hopefully put the good juju back into it.

#14 - Jack Hayes - Deserves an upgrade. Different player to Gears but I like when jumpers go to different types.

#18 - Cooper Sharman - I hope he breaks out under Ross. Rekon a change in coach and a change in number could be the kickstart of something very special.

#21 - Zaine Cordy - Stick him in the locker next to Doogs and get working on the chemistry from day 1.

#25 - Olli Hotton - I don't know why but it feels right.

#31 - James Van Es - The new Goose Maguire. If we are going back to the Early 2000s then the #31 needs to be bullying forwards again.

#39 - Isaac Keeler - I'm not gonna hype him up but I hope we have Paddy mentoring this kid. Could be anything.

#40 - Angus McLennan - Next available number.

#41 - Liam Stocker* - I'm expecting him to get signed in the pre-season.

#43 - Josh Eyre* - Like Stocker, I expect him to get picked up as a depth option.

Last edited:
2 Phillipou
10 Hayes :grimacing:
14 Windhager
17 Sharman
18 Owens
21 Van Es
24 Hotton
25 Keeler
31 Stocker (if we get him)
39 McLennan

I love the idea of Hayes and Sharman moving into sexier numbers, though not sure about those choices.

I like the idea of giving Hayes Barry Hall's old number 25, right next to Josh Battle.

Sharman could work in 14 or 21 - I'd prefer him in a lower number but I'll be damned if I'll destroy his career by cursing him with Daniel Markworth's old locker.

Hotton Tot in the other one of the above that the greatest Sharman leaves for him.

Vans in Shanna's Goose's number 31

Matteas 5-0 in his requested 2 to be the new Aaron Hamill minus the 2 weeks

The Killer in Paddy's 18

Ringo McLennan in 40

One can't help but see a little influence of Buddy FRANKLIN on KEELER even at this stage and as such I'd like to take the 23 from BYTEL give it to KEELER and ask him to live up to his own dream and ours.....be the 23 for the SAINTS....its done wonders for some extraordinary sportsmen....obviously JORDAN ... FRANKLIN amongst many others.

Last edited:
Love to get the announcement in before Xmas. Was unnecessarily let down in this area for the 22 season, hopefully our media team saw that as an error.

It's a small thing for the club but for tragics like me who can't stand cricket and all the other off-season sports, it's these little morsels that keep us going!

Seriously, just retire that 10 jumper. It's going to destroy the career of whoever wears it next, mark my words and mark them well.

Seriously, just retire that 10 jumper. It's going to destroy the career of whoever wears it next, mark my words and mark them well.
As my brother always says, the number that needs to be retired is 30.
The last decent thing we remember happening in that jumper is Glen Coghlan kicking a long goal from the boundary in '95.
Thirty is the career killer.

Love to get the announcement in before Xmas. Was unnecessarily let down in this area for the 22 season, hopefully our media team saw that as an error.

It's a small thing for the club but for tragics like me who can't stand cricket and all the other off-season sports, it's these little morsels that keep us going!
Another bug bare of mine is the lack of updates regarding players height & weight which can vary significantly in between seasons.

Boston Everitt will save it in a few years' time.

That or get Stevie Baker back to the club to present it to someone. Not sure Bakes is in a rush though with RTB back...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bakes and every single one of those boys from 08-11 LOVE RTB

I wasn't sure because I'd heard RTB basically retired Baker in the rooms after the 2011 finals and that Stevie might have held something against him for it.

All forgiven.

Bakes is a huge fan.

AWESOME!

If we aren't keeping it free for Boston then get Bakes down there for a hand over to Jack Hayes or Olli Hotton.

Think Wilkie should go into the 2. Phillipou to shake Baker's Curse. Keeler into the mercurial 44. Sharman into 18, with McLennan into the 43. Hotton 14, Van Es 21, Stocker 25.

I love Phillipou's confidence but it irks me a little bit that we're giving away the #2 - IMO it should be permanently retired.

Not one for curses or whatever so would go with

10 - Phillipou
14 - Sharman or Hayes
18 - Keeler
21 - Sharman or Hayes
25 - Van Es
31 - Hotton
39 - McLennan

Retiring numbers is yank wank
Yeah I always thought the Saints overdid it retiring #50 after Enrico Misso's one and only game.

Sure he was the first Sri Lankan to ever play the game, but why not let some other kids build their own history in the number? :grimacing:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back