Prediction New jumper numbers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Now the list is completed (I think), who will get what number?

My guesses:
7: Witherden (hopefully he doesn’t become a whipping boy like everyone else in that number)
16: Langdon
22: Vacant for Brayshaw in the WAFL
23: Cameron
26: Jones
31: H.Edwards
36: L.Edwards
39: Winder
42: Trew

Ugle can have 43 if we add him as a Cat B rookie, hopefully we do.

7 - Witherden (more the 7 of Gehrig and Turley)
18 - Venables (obvious but some players look for a new number new start)
22 - Trew
23 - Winder
26 - L Edwards (SA connection with Butler)
31 - A Waterman mid season draft
36 - H Edwards

I just read 22 for Trew in Richie Benauds voice and this now HAS to happen

Like the idea of Alex Witherden in the # 7 jumper.

When we win next years Premiership against Brisbane.

The the Premiership medals get given out in this order:

# 6. Elliot Yeo

Now
download-4.jpg and then download-3.jpg

# 7. Alex Witherden

Now
download-2.jpg and then download-1.jpg

# 8. Jack Redden

Now images-3.jpg and then images-2.jpg

And the Brisbane Lions Fans all collectively wince three times in unison.

Like the idea of Alex Witherden in the # 7 jumper.

When we win next years Premiership against Brisbane.

The the Premiership medals get given out in this order:

# 6. Elliot Yeo

Now
View attachment 1026305 and then View attachment 1026306

# 7. Alex Witherden

Now
View attachment 1026307 and then View attachment 1026308

# 8. Jack Redden

Now
View attachment 1026310 and then View attachment 1026311

And the Brisbane Lions Fans all collectively wince three times in unison.
There's a bit in that, big fan.

Ainsworth takes 7 - with the majority of our senior supporters failing to attend a game in 2020, we can get BA a few (too many) tattoos then slap #7 on his back and it’ll be like Masto never left for the old dears.

7 Witherden
23 Cameron
22 Langdon
26 Winder
31 Harry Edwards
39 J. Jones
42 Luke Edwards
43 Trew

I feel like Rotham is rated highly within the club and can see him in both the 7 and 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Winder can turn the fortunes of #22 around. Been one of our most handed around jumpers (14 players) and no-one has played anywhere near 100 games in it. On 7 occasions it has been involved in a change of number, either to 22 or from 22.

Compare that to #23. Only 6 holders, and except the inaugural Glen Bartlett, everyone has had a decent run with it. It has also never been a swapped player number either.

It is possible to turn around a dud number. Before Shannon Hurn #25 was our worst performing number in the top 30. Only Laurie Keene with 36 games played a few in it.

I hope Winder can turn the fortunes of #22 around. Been one of our most handed around jumpers (14 players) and no-one has played anywhere near 100 games in it. On 7 occasions it has been involved in a change of number, either to 22 or from 22.

Compare that to #23. Only 6 holders, and except the inaugural Glen Bartlett, everyone has had a decent run with it. It has also never been a swapped player number either.

It is possible to turn around a dud number. Before Shannon Hurn #25 was our worst performing number in the top 30. Only Laurie Keene with 36 games played a few in it.

Number 13 was also horrendous until Shuey took it.

Number 13 was also horrendous until Shuey took it.
#13 is one of the generally weird ones. Superstition means it is actually one of the least handed out (most vacant) on any club list. Can go for years with no holder.

You can argue that #13 for us has been very successful overall.
Only 4 holders.
Lowest game count in the jumper was with a guy who swapped and played over 200 for the club.
The others did ok as well. Scott Watters (46) was a pretty good player; as was Josh Wooden (96).
So the lowest game count at the club for a guy that wore 13 was 46. Not spectacular, but not bad.

#13 is one of the generally weird ones. Superstition means it is actually one of the least handed out (most vacant) on any club list. Can go for years with no holder.

You can argue that #13 for us has been very successful overall.
Only 4 holders.
Lowest game count in the jumper was with a guy who swapped and played over 200 for the club.
The others did ok as well. Scott Watters (46) was a pretty good player; as was Josh Wooden (96).
So the lowest game count at the club for a guy that wore 13 was 46. Not spectacular, but not bad.
You can thank Shuey and Emma Swanson for the new high profile of 13. Number 13 on the whole has been a pretty good omen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back