News New Jumpers for 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
0,,7220270,00.jpg

Doesn't look too much darker to me.
looks like the vee has moved down... (that or the AFL logo moved up)

Oh man! Jealous that the Bulldogs have KooGa as their uniform manufacturer, they make the most comfortable sporting clothes ever, all my rugby gear and gym gear is made by them, awesome brand, very durable :)

Oh man! Jealous that the Bulldogs have KooGa as their uniform manufacturer, they make the most comfortable sporting clothes ever, all my rugby gear and gym gear is made by them, awesome brand, very durable :)
sounds great, I can't wait to see the 2010 'Dogs jumper!

A lot of Melbourne supporters on forums are hoping for something like the following:

MelbourneDemonsGuernsey2010.jpg

- A deeper and darker blue
- A blood-red darker yoke
- A more pointier yoke, which starts higher on the arm cuff, and finishes lower down the jumper.

Basically something that is more in line with the jumper worn between the 1930s and early-1970s.

PS - How do we attach pictures on here??? I did it, but it has come out with poor quality!!!

A lot of Melbourne supporters on forums are hoping for something like the following:

MelbourneDemonsGuernsey2010.jpg

- A deeper and darker blue
- A blood-red darker yoke
- A more pointier yoke, which starts higher on the arm cuff, and finishes lower down the jumper.

Basically something that is more in line with the jumper worn between the 1930s and early-1970s.

PS - How do we attach pictures on here??? I did it, but it has come out with poor quality!!!

Looks fantastic! Id love to see us use this in 2010

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say, I'm getting used to the Lions new jumper, the logo's stuck together is stupid but the rest is pretty good. I think it looks better than their rectangle of blue on the chest and having a much bigger Lion looks a lot stronger (once you forget that the Lion looks strange).

Also, both Fitzroy and the Brisbane Bears allowed their jumpers to evolve over time, this is just another step so I do not see it as ruining history what so ever.
Fitzroy's Home Jumpers
Brisbane's Home Jumpers

Well, according to Mero, that's the blue that they wore in the 50's......

but it isn't the same blue that is seen in old colour photos. either way I love the more 'demony' yoke and hope the colours are depp dark navy blue and a blood curdling crimson red. i would also like to see melbourne wear the city crest on their jumper in a similar vein to st kilda,

I must say, I'm getting used to the Lions new jumper, the logo's stuck together is stupid but the rest is pretty good. I think it looks better than their rectangle of blue on the chest and having a much bigger Lion looks a lot stronger (once you forget that the Lion looks strange).

Also, both Fitzroy and the Brisbane Bears allowed their jumpers to evolve over time, this is just another step so I do not see it as ruining history what so ever.
Fitzroy's Home Jumpers
Brisbane's Home Jumpers

I dont really like the new jumper but weather thats the fact that I am disappointed in Brisbane's board because I think they are trying to phase out their Fitzroy heritage by getting rid of the traditional lion or I would not like it full stop.

I know you have given examples of both Fitzroy's and Brisbane's jumper history and they both have changed alot from start to finish but I also think Brisbane should have tried to keep a bit more of their Fitzroy tradition then they did, especially on the new logo.

But thats just my 2 cents;)

I dont really like the new jumper but weather thats the fact that I am disappointed in Brisbane's board because I think they are trying to phase out their Fitzroy heritage by getting rid of the traditional lion or I would not like it full stop.

I know you have given examples of both Fitzroy's and Brisbane's jumper history and they both have changed alot from start to finish but I also think Brisbane should have tried to keep a bit more of their Fitzroy tradition then they did, especially on the new logo.

But thats just my 2 cents;)
As I said, the new logo isn't very good and I wouldn't mind seeing the new jumper with the old logo, or maybe even something along these lines http://www.costasportslogos.com/content/brisbane-lions-new-logo-afl.

In terms of honouring history I'd keep it simple and have these as away jumpers.
Brisbane2-1.png

For all away games outside of Victoria

Brisbane3.png

For all away games in Victoria.

The clash jumper they have now doesn't really make Fitzroy fans happy, they may as well just give them what they want with this.

In terms of honouring history I'd keep it simple and have these as away jumpers.
Brisbane2-1.png

For all away games outside of Victoria

Brisbane3.png

For all away games in Victoria.

The clash jumper they have now doesn't really make Fitzroy fans happy, they may as well just give them what they want with this.
like that idea, infact I've been thinking that idea for a while, just didn't post it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back