News New jumpers for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just point out
from dictionary.com:
strick (noun): 1. a group of any of the major bast fibres, prepared for conversion into silver form; 2. any of the pieces cut from a layer of carded and combed silk

strict (adjective): 1. characterised by or acting in close conformity to requirements or principles ["a strict observance of rituals"]; etc.

I think the rules by the AFL on sponsorship logos are STRICT, not "strick"

But, I guess, the guernseys could be strictly made of strick (sorry I couldn't help but add that last bit)

No, what I mean is that every team has a collar sponsorship, chest, back and in the left hand corner, but the collar and left hand corner are advertising the same thing.
My issue is that 'Dri-Fit' is not whats on the collar and is a 4th sponsorship on the jumper, not just the 3 with one doubled.
Plus they put it somewhere else than everyone else.
The AFL supposidly has strick rules about where sponsors can be, which I like, otherwise we get like soccer and NRL with sponsors all over us.

I do not think it's right that Carlton (Or Nike) are allowed to put on another logo, to what is in the AFL rules, no matter how small, when it is purely their for marketing.

It is the same brand. It's a nike sponsorship. How they choose to market their brand is up to them.

You are completely overreacting, it is still the manufacturer sponsorship, they are just choosing to advertise the technology the jumper is made from rather than the brand itself.

It is there for marketing, just as much as Puma's, Reebox's, etc's logo is.

It's not like they have gone and thrown KFC down there or something and unfairly gaining a sponsorship advantage. It's still three sponsors over four positions on the guernsey.

Can I just point out
from dictionary.com:
strick (noun): 1. a group of any of the major bast fibres, prepared for conversion into silver form; 2. any of the pieces cut from a layer of carded and combed silk

strict (adjective): 1. characterised by or acting in close conformity to requirements or principles ["a strict observance of rituals"]; etc.

I think the rules by the AFL on sponsorship logos are STRICT, not "strick"

But, I guess, the guernseys could be strictly made of strick (sorry I couldn't help but add that last bit)
In my defence, I have no idea why I was spelling it wrong... I'm good at spelling, but one or two can slip through ay.
We need a spell check button... :p
It is the same brand. It's a nike sponsorship. How they choose to market their brand is up to them.

You are completely overreacting, it is still the manufacturer sponsorship, they are just choosing to advertise the technology the jumper is made from rather than the brand itself.

It is there for marketing, just as much as Puma's, Reebox's, etc's logo is.

It's not like they have gone and thrown KFC down there or something and unfairly gaining a sponsorship advantage. It's still three sponsors over four positions on the guernsey.
I might be, but I think my veiw is more that when every other club follows the rules in place, and Carlton don't, you get a bit annoyed.
For that matter, I'm not a fan of the big white box on it too.

In my defence, I have no idea why I was spelling it wrong... I'm good at spelling, but one or two can slip through ay.
We need a spell check button... :p

I might be, but I think my veiw is more that when every other club follows the rules in place, and Carlton don't, you get a bit annoyed.
For that matter, I'm not a fan of the big white box on it too.

Google Chrome has spell check...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(will update this post)

Seahawks new strips -
Lynch-Blue_nohelmet--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Lynch-White_nohelmet--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

(will update this post)

Seahawks new strips -
Lynch-Blue_nohelmet--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Lynch-White_nohelmet--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

I love these. ^^ The horizontal stripe with "SEAHAWKS" in it going from the collar onto the sleeve is nice. :thumbsu:

Yeah, I'm just following Bow's lead, so don't yellow card me if this is in the wrong thread please. :(

I've always said the Seahawks helmet logo should touch in the back instead of having a space down the center back of the helmet.

134462647_crop_650x440.jpg

Well, Nike got it right.

040312-NFL-Nike-G46_20120403142121246_600_400.JPG

Even though Nike took over the NFL contract on Sunday, don't expect much in the way of major changes in the NFL over the years like there is in college football. Perhaps an occasional one-off throwback inspired look, but not permanent major logo and uniform changes. The new Seahawks look might be the most extreme change Nike will make. Most NFL teams would be reluctant to change their branding, and additionally the NFL makes it very difficult to make major changes. The last big change I can recall was the Broncos redesign, which was also designed by the good folks over at Nike, but that was 15 years ago.

I actually can't remember. I thought they wear light blue shorts. But TBH, I'd prefer Sturt's guernsey, only because it is their official colours. Bring back the white clash I say!

Also, does anyone remember the Sturt V guernsey?

Yes! Wasn't that the most pointless and strange looking guernsey.

Also, sidebars should be banned!

Yeah, just looks like Carlton's clash...
Do they wear navy shorts with that?

They did, I'm not sure when they started it but for the last few years it's just been the light blue shorts at all matches. Which means no stupid white shorts or anything like that most of the time - the Magpies wore white shorts unnecessarily in the game on the video IMO.

They did, I'm not sure when they started it but for the last few years it's just been the light blue shorts at all matches. Which means no stupid white shorts or anything like that most of the time - the Magpies wore white shorts unnecessarily in the game on the video IMO.

I think it was 2008, coz I remember a final at Adelaide Oval with us wearing them but I have a 2007 team poster with navy shorts.

Also, most of the old pictures of some of the great Blues teams of years gone by are with light blue shorts.

Packers' looks good as does a majority of them. I'm pleased with the dolphins design. I've always thought they've had one of the better colour schemes in the league, and this one does justice to it.

Loving the return of the orange crush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back