News New jumpers for 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWS didn't need to wear their clash today.

All white on an Aussie Rules team is IMO an absolute eyesore.

The Interstate teams always seem to wear a clash strip when it's not neccesary. How would navy blue clash with orange? On the other hand Port are wearing the black jumper v Bulldogs tonight when in previous years they have worn the white.

With West Coast playing Richmond on the Monday public holiday here in Perth "WA Day".

With this possibly becoming an annual fixture, would have been great for West Coast to wear the Yellow Peril once a year to mark this game, as we did in 2011. Remove the names as on the 2011 Yellow Peril, and wear this jumper once a year.

Am I the only one that watched the whole game last night and didn't realise until this post that they were wearing their old guernsey? And I am particularly awake to detail too, most of the time anyway.
Same for me when they played the Bombers. I wondered why they were wearing their home not their red, then after about a quarter I realised it was their old home. Looked great.

Basically what I'm hearing in this thread is that no team should adopt a jumper that clashes with other teams, which is a bit silly to be honest. Should Port not have changed their guernsey back in 2010 because, you know, some teams have to wear their clash against us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2XU template really messes with the away jumper.

Bottom part of the red side panel is a pinkish colour, and the other side panel makes the waves not match up.
I think the "pinkish" colour is an area for players to dry their hands, usually placed on the shorts. Just a theory. Has anyone hear got their hands on a GC player issue this year ?

With West Coast playing Richmond on the Monday public holiday here in Perth "WA Day".

With this possibly becoming an annual fixture, would have been great for West Coast to wear the Yellow Peril once a year to mark this game, as we did in 2011. Remove the names as on the 2011 Yellow Peril, and wear this jumper once a year.

Fundamentally, I don't think the Eagles should parade themselves as the WA club. And I don't think they should take away the WAFL's big day – Foundation Day. Pretty sure the AFL aren't sold on the idea of continuing the fixture, so hopefully they don't.

That aside...

It would be a cool way to bring in the jumper. They've flirted with it a few times and it's never been dubbed an eyesore or novelty. It's all good memories and nostalgia for West Coast supporters, so making it an annual thing would be better than making it a... never thing. You could test the waters in the way the Bulldogs (and hopefully Lions) did as well. It'll look a lot better than the cut and paste Cancer Council one (though, that's for a heaps better cause).

Freo and West Coast could play on Foundation Day and wear their original jumpers each year.

That's interesting - have Fremantle ever played against the yellow peril?

Or like this, royal wings?
162957.jpg

No, Freo came into the AFL in 1995, the year West Coast adopted Navy Blue at Home, Royal Blue Away.
So the Gold had been put away for some time.

61361.jpg

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back