News New Jumpers for 2017 - All changes in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So there are still half-fangs on the PIs as well as the retails by the looks.

What's even more ridiculous is having the "1902" on the back of the home, but not the away. It's not like either of those guernseys have been worn since that year so imo it should be on either all or none.
it is a bit weird to just have the 1902 on the home and clash and not the away. instead of putting it on the away they have put the logo instead

it is a bit weird to just have the 1902 on the home and clash and not the away. instead of putting it on the away they have put the logo instead
They probably kept the text in brown for all jumpers..

Hawthorn-2017.gif

Hawthorn-Away-2017.gif

Hawthorn-Clash-2017.gif

Changed the socks to looks like the slimer brown and gold hoops are gone????
View attachment 318040 View attachment 318041

They are half length socks. Wonder if the AFL will allow it? I don't mind it if it encourages players to wear them up and actually show off the design. The demise in players wearing their socks up saddens me! Although when you think about it, there's no real practical reason to have long socks (unlike soccer where players wear shinguards).

They are half length socks. Wonder if the AFL will allow it? I don't mind it if it encourages players to wear them up and actually show off the design. The demise in players wearing their socks up saddens me! Although when you think about it, there's no real practical reason to have long socks (unlike soccer where players wear shinguards).
used to love watching the tiges with the whole team socks up .

also the thin stripe hawk socks were a nice unique look for them. should be either those or back to full gold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The numbers are a bit bigger and rounder too, looks better I think. I like the call on the socks, personally I cut mine down to half length when I play and assume a lot of AFL players do the same. The old socks up looks nice and all but there isn't really any point.

The clash looks s**t on Cyril because it looks like a large retail rather than a PI, will wait and see how it looks on field until I cast complete judgement.

The monogram jumper really doesn't suit a team like Hawthorn. Maybe it's the monogram itself, but it just doesn't strike me as "we have lots of history" or "this is intimidating". Just seems like something done for money as anything would be better than the power ranger..

Interesting from GJD here on the Saints.. This was posted before he knew Brissy were with Majestic, but.. Adelaide, ey?
I have heard Adelaide and Brisbane are in talks with COAR.
Richmond have moved to Puma.
Gold Coast and GWS I have no idea.

And from what I gather, we are in negotiations with New Balance and Asics, and Puma was a distant chance but that rumor (by whoever it was I've forgot his username) has some truth to it.

Interesting from GJD here on the Saints.. This was posted before he knew Brissy were with Majestic, but.. Adelaide, ey?

For heaven's sake Adelaide do not sign with COAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got an email from either the NEAFL or AFL Sydney (can't recall which) the other day saying that clubs were now permitted to wear 3/4 length (mid-calf) socks but not ankle socks so perhaps the AFL has changed its regulations and passed them down to the leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back