News New Jumpers for 2017 - All changes in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If StKilda end up with Puma, their jumpers would end up something like this:
StKilda-Puma.gif

delicious

can u please do a tiges one :)
To accommodate the template I think the sash needs to meet at the back and not at the sides.
(or you could also describe as the back part of the side of the jumper)
Richmond-Puma.gif

They are half length socks. Wonder if the AFL will allow it? I don't mind it if it encourages players to wear them up and actually show off the design. The demise in players wearing their socks up saddens me! Although when you think about it, there's no real practical reason to have long socks (unlike soccer where players wear shinguards).

It would make sense if the AFL went the way of NBA and had the manufacturer's supply different length socks based on player's preference.

It would make sense if the AFL went the way of NBA and had the manufacturer's supply different length socks based on player's preference.
Canterbury have been since we signed with them. Ben Brown, Shaun Higgen and a couple others wear mid calf socks, while most of the other blokes wear he regular ones. They are noticeably different socks.

Should all have to pull them up and tuck their shirts in.

Timeless look.

Timeless look.
I don't believe guernseys are long enough to be tucked in anymore. I used to rock that look in my junior footy days (mostly because our club guernseys were meant for the bigger kids and were like dresses on all of us).

If StKilda end up with Puma, their jumpers would end up something like this:
StKilda-Puma.gif
I think it would look better like this.

st-kilda-puma-black.jpg

At the very least don't bother printing red on the back/shoulder piece, continue the red on the front panel and change up the back sponsor logo.

Much cleaner look and the sponsor is still prominent.

AFL and Dare logos wold probably look better all in the coloured panels as well.

Last edited:
To accommodate the template I think the sash needs to meet at the back and not at the sides.
(or you could also describe as the back part of the side of the jumper)
Richmond-Puma.gif
The yellow Puma logo just seems a little off to me would be better in white (although I know that's the way they've gone), other than that perfect.

Timeless look.
Baseball lost something when the players went from:

baseball-pants.jpg

The full length pants just look sloppy, you'd reckon they could at least get them tailored.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he's ever pulled on a Puma or BLK jersey anyway. Nor ISC or Sekem for that matter.
I see what you did there, I hope you are referring to the fact it is a guernsey and not a jersey. I was about to correct you by saying he debuted in a puma guernsey, then realised when I wrote jersey that technically you are right.

I got an email from either the NEAFL or AFL Sydney (can't recall which) the other day saying that clubs were now permitted to wear 3/4 length (mid-calf) socks but not ankle socks so perhaps the AFL has changed its regulations and passed them down to the leagues.

I've cut my socks over the last year and a bit so I can wear Trusox underneath. I'm surprised we haven't seen any players do this yet, super common in soccer at the moment. It's amazing how much of a difference your boot feels rather than a regular sock

I've cut my socks over the last year and a bit so I can wear Trusox underneath. I'm surprised we haven't seen any players do this yet, super common in soccer at the moment. It's amazing how much of a difference your boot feels rather than a regular sock
I was looking at buying trusox for cricket, what benefits do they have over regular socks?

Mods... is there a grumpiest prick award for the FJGD forum, or is there just an unwritten rule that there is no need to poll as a certain Fremantle supporter would be an unbackable favourite every year?
Eat a snickers.
Just ignore him if you find his posting not to your taste. Posting s**t like this is just provocative and not needed on a board already riddled with dispute. Pull your heads in.

https://hawksnestonline.com.au/adidas/adidas-onfield/hawthorn-home-guernsey---adidas-2017-adult

The Hawks guernseys are on the website now after the recent reveal - if interested, have a close-up look of the material. Different to previous years - reminds me of North's x-Blades fabric. Probably a replica thing only, however - player issues will still be made on the cheap as done in the last 4 seasons.

• Authentic player fabrication in durable doubleknit
  • Classic v-neck collar construction
  • New for 2017
  • Club branded back neck tape with coordinates of 'Glenferrie Oval'
  • Year of establishment ’1902’ call out back neck
  • Regular Fit
  • Climalite keeps you dry in every condition
Features not seen previously are in bold. This doubleknit ting has me intrigued - will examine the next time I'm at Rebel/Hawksnest.

They finish higher than most (like Barlow's) and seem to pull heaps around the mid-section, just above the hips. All jumpers are tight fitting (except Jesse Hogan's) but theirs might go in the most. I remember seeing some old Collingwood ones on ebay, from about five years, and they were almost a dead-straight v-shape in the sides – it wasn't a circular, rounded in-curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back