News New Jumpers for 2017 - All changes in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wj
Bond Corp would be regarded as a bit of a dud, though I'm going back a few years.

Richmond-Sponsors.gif
why don't you have bingle on there

I just find North's tact so weird.

Two seasons ago everything was 'NMFC.' They had the striped shield logo on flags, prominent on their website, the acronym was used probably more than 'North' or any variant on Kangaroos, and possibly even more than 'North Melbourne.' I thought at this time we were going to see a modernised 60s shield and any blue jumper would be the V as a clash.

There were plenty of threads around too, like this: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/north-melbourne-football-club-re-branding-its-time.1117374/

To me, this seemed a belated but linked deflection from the whole Kangaroos/relocation image dilution. Being more of a classic football club, than a moveable franchise.

Now it seems the club is going back to its 2007ish sort of image, or even a late 90s one. I can see the next logo being more Bulldogs than Melbourne, and it seems a blue home strip and the Bouncing Roo as an away is the future. It's just weird what's gone down lately. I think if they made a Granny or two in 2013-2015, maybe they would have splashed out on that NMFC identity and we'd be seeing that now. Instead they have conceded a rebuild and seem happy to substantially alter their image in the process.

There never really is.
No sadly. The two SA clubs seem to be the exception with their recent polls re: clash jumpers etc. Thanks to fan input the Crows got rid of their cartoon clashes and replaced them with more "traditional" designs, and brought back full hoops which was obviously an issue with fans. Port have also done various polls over the years re: different variations of their home jumper, prison bars etc.

Article in today's Herald Sun confirming Star have finished up with Collingwood and Melbourne storm and will be lookin more at "Individual contracts" whatever that means.

Said Collingwood have signed a deal a lot higher than the one from Star but did not confirm who.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood going back to Adidas...think it's been mentioned, the promo of the players in the hoodies, are exactly the same as an Adidas mailing list I am on for their 'distraction proof' hoodies..

Cyril understands...

JypArhKJ9iOUUQ4tteWhJUitnejacr1fU1z2O4STJRrYOh1J1IvJGzbLImIdri55xLxGX4tLEohjijiSQdru0D4rZu7xW7T2sPERcn-KrBiSviPR-C_lxKvxTfLrb3qLoJFXMN-5Ww=s0-d-e1-ft

Collingwood going back to Adidas...think it's been mentioned, the promo of the players in the hoodies, are exactly the same as an Adidas mailing list I am on for their 'distraction proof' hoodies..

Cyril understands...

JypArhKJ9iOUUQ4tteWhJUitnejacr1fU1z2O4STJRrYOh1J1IvJGzbLImIdri55xLxGX4tLEohjijiSQdru0D4rZu7xW7T2sPERcn-KrBiSviPR-C_lxKvxTfLrb3qLoJFXMN-5Ww=s0-d-e1-ft
Ooh that's delightfully pretentious.

Is it slow going this year? Would have thought we'd have more news by now.
I'd say there's more news than usual at this point. Remember that the 'season' doesn't end until (IIRC) the first of October, so clubs are still bound to their current sponsor contracts until then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back