News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swear people are happy when it’s North in bad jumpers. What makes people hate them so much? They could have a New Balance white with blue short home jumper and the bounding roo away and people would still give ‘lolnorf’ tier jokes and jibes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They’ve just mashed so many things together, that’s why. We’re also here bashing the cheap quality of Nike kit....

Swear people are happy when it’s North in bad jumpers. What makes people hate them so much? They could have a New Balance white with blue short home jumper and the bounding roo away and people would still give ‘lolnorf’ tier jokes and jibes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

People were raving about the Prospect of the 90s kit returning as the clash here, and it was open shock when people found out the homer was leading. We actually had the dumb situation where the north board was voting for the homer and people on here were voting 90's

And it was the same with the crows when they had their vote

Bad design is bad design

The high monogram is terrible too. Is the monogram even raised of the jumper for player issues anymore?

I dont get how you can mess this one up

Done right its the best jumper in the league, and the dead easiest to make look good imo

Looks like Nike's time will come to an end very soon.
Which is good. Those new Carlton guernseys are disgraceful. If they aren't sublimating anything, what will the clash guernsey look like? May see a new design there, probably just plain white and no grey.
Whoever is in currently in charge of Nike Pacific must be a total moron going off the stuff they have been pumping out recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Carlton Pi's are similar to retails in that the monogram is heat-pressed and semi raised as well as all the sponsors and nike Logos being heat pressed?

Looks so damn cheap in the store compared to other clubs

Unfortunately it appears Carlton has abandoned the raise monogram for the player jerseys. Sad to see. I really appreciated that small touch.
Seeing a long time lurker make a post is a good small touch, but first post after four years?! I pay that!

Agreed though, absolute shame. Hate the dumb white part of the back of the collar too. Just as I hate the club logo on the back. You are the navy blues. You're jumper is iconic for being so simple, bold, and the entire image of the club: your classic monogram is on the front against nothing but dark blue, so accentuate that and don't mitigate it with the back logo. And don't bring in white on the back when you don't mean to!

It's great seeing Nike in the competition and them with Carlton is classic, so a shame to see them care so little, but eh. I don't think ISC will suddenly respect the raised monogram or whatever, instead they'll just bring in the inevitable.

Seeing a long time lurker make a post is a good small touch, but first post after four years?! I pay that!

Agreed though, absolute shame. Hate the dumb white part of the back of the collar too. Just as I hate the club logo on the back. You are the navy blues. You're jumper is iconic for being so simple, bold, and the entire image of the club: your classic monogram is on the front against nothing but dark blue, so accentuate that and don't mitigate it with the back logo. And don't bring in white on the back when you don't mean to!

It's great seeing Nike in the competition and them with Carlton is classic, so a shame to see them care so little, but eh. I don't think ISC will suddenly respect the raised monogram or whatever, instead they'll just bring in the inevitable.
To be fair other than some dodgy collars, ISC has been pretty good, and I prefer the big brands. I think they'd move heaven and earth to make sure they got Carlton, and if that meant a raised monogram, they'd do it.

Hows Nike's work for the other Australian Codes?

I have a sneeky suspicious that Socceroos and the A-League clubs all have top notch gear. Im not surprised if Nike Australia want to put majority of their money into soccer here.

To clear a few things up re the Carlton jumper:

- all logos are heat-pressed
- the 'white' on the back of the collar is grey
- the CFC is raised in a new manner making it appear 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back