News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument is that by and large, it is an unnecessary intrusion to demand that the away team MUST wear white. It's simply not necessary to have such a blanket rule.

Step 1. Both teams wear their home jumper unless there is a clash.
Step 2. Away team wears their choice of clash jumper, unless it still clashes.
Step 3. Away team wears a white clash.

How easy's that?

Add to that commonsense on shorts - light jumper light shorts even if the home.club

Once kit is locked in, no mid season changes "coz"

Also one final rule

All home, away, and clash kits must be acceptable to the club and the afl to appear on gf day.

If its not good enough for the gf, its not good enough for the home and away

Apologies if I seemed defensive. I simply disagree with your viewpoint.

That's fine, I completely understand that not everyone would agree with me. The only reason I suggest it is because its the simplest most effective way to do clashes, its bulletproof and I haven't seen an argument that demonstrates it isn't. You can have colored clashes sure, but that leads to conjecture and the need for a third kit in some instances, you can argue heritage and design and whatever but that's completely subjective, as mentioned the Richmond white is no less honorary than their current yellow.

Essentially I'm saying I agree with this.

The argument is that by and large, it is an unnecessary intrusion to demand that the away team MUST wear white. It's simply not necessary to have such a blanket rule.

How easy's that?

Except the white rule simplifies it to 2 steps.

How easy's that?
One Problem with Colours at Home and White for the away team is it tends to make the matchday experience for the home team's members very same samey. Every home game becomes our boys vs those guys in White. Games tend to blend into each other :(

The A-League mandated this White away strips rule in its first couple of seasons and it was not appreciated by many fans for this reason.

I didn't think they had, they just added more alternates and one offs?
They have, but teams can now where what ever jersey they want, not wearing white for the majority of home games like in the past. The amount of colour v colour games this year is significantly higher than previous years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One Problem with Colours at Home and White for the away team is it tends to make the matchday experience for the home team's members very same samey. Every home game becomes our boys vs those guys in White. Games tend to blend into each other :(

The A-League mandated this White away strips rule in its first couple of seasons and it was not appreciated by many fans for this reason.

Thats why i have the "must rep the club" rule

When the afl decided crows/tigs were a clash for the gf, can you imagine how s**t it would have looked if we were in white or the crows had thr massive crow head?

Us winning in the clash and the photos afterwards really underlined these must be jumpers were are proud of.

And we cant have one rule for h&a and one.rule for the finals - i know the afl love that s**t but rules on the hop is part.of this problem

Clash can sometime just come due to the design of the jumper, dare I say the eagles and Richmond still clash with the gold wings on the left chest and the sash coming down.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is where we get to green jumpers though

Esp against tri panels, you end up banning all blues, blacks, reds, whites, yellows - leaving you with green

Some didnt want us in a yellow jumper against the crows because they have the yellow stripe on theirs

This is where we get to green jumpers though

Esp against tri panels, you end up banning all blues, blacks, reds, whites, yellows - leaving you with green

Some didnt want us in a yellow jumper against the crows because they have the yellow stripe on theirs
ClashLime.gif

If White exists as an AFL colour then it is not the best alternative for a Clash jumper.
Only a colour not used by other clubs allows for a proper clash solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back