Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Is that not just a case of that photo mockup not being identical to the finished product.
Yes it is.
The Indig jumper is a Photoshop representation from a template which people on here use.
The other is a photo of a StKilda jumper.
Having said that, I have two different versions of the collar
StKilda-2017.gif
StKilda-2018.gif

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
The Lynch jumper is really weird, some photos it has a gold logo, some it has a red.

I thought you said you had it on good authority that a new collar was coming
spoke to someone from the club yesterday and they said the 2019 guernsey will be identical to the 2018 apart from the gold logo back to red

person probably wouldnt have a clue though as not from merch area

Last edited:

Geelongs Guernsey makes me sick. Getting worse and worse each year. Anyone but cotton on pleeease

#bringbackisc - sewn-on logos on merchandise, nice thick collars, better fit, better off-field gear, cheaper off-field gear. It's been a good run with Cotton On, but I think the experiment needs to end. I'm pretty sure our contract ends at the end of this year too

Given Cotton On is a local company though, I'm not sure how keen they would be to change suppliers. They love Cotton On, at games they flog it off heaps

i would like to see Geelong with Adidas or Puma.

We should have never left ISC. And even if we were going to, we should have gone for a bigger name - Puma really appeals to me. Unfortunately, we thought we would be clever and pick the new kids thats got no idea what they're doing. The on-field apparel is mediocre compared to the big names (and is only getting worse with the basketball singlets this year) and the off-field stuff is sub-par. Everything is ironed on (ISC used sew-on) and it's such as baggy fit. Although, the spray jacket I bought this year has been fantastic - favourite piece of apparel I've bought (aside from my jumpers)

Geelongs Guernsey makes me sick. Getting worse and worse each year. Anyone but cotton on pleeease

I was there for the game they used the 2019 jumper in, besides the fact it looks like their Navy Blue Bra strap is hanging out the shoulder when looking at it from behind it doesn't look too bad, the G on the front is annoying, but marketing has been pushing it for a few years now and it was only a matter of time before it appeared on the home jumper in some form, as long as it don't get any bigger or clearer than it currently is I am sort of OK with it, but if it was removed I would be happier.

Polo's are still stitched on logos, Gym shorts and tank tops are iron on (But ISC was also iron on) I refuse to update my Hoodie's until they change from iron on to stitched on like ISC. and the rest is fairly similar (Although there is a drop in quality, my ISC polo from 2016 is in better condition than the 2017 Coar one.

I would be shocked if Geelong left Cotton on, they are really pushing local business's and someone else is going to have to put forward a significant offer.

Whilst it is not up to the standard of Adidas, Puma and ISC, it certainly not the worst products going around, and hopefully if we do continue with them we will see some improvements from lessons learnt the first three years.

At least its not Nike.

Last edited:
it certainly not the worst products going around, and hopefully if we do continue with them we will see some improvements from lessons learnt the first three years.

It's not a good sign that we're going backwards though, all that should have been done for the whole three years was clearing up the sizing of the 2017 jumpers - the collar change in '18 was unnecessary, and the new template for '19 is not an advancement in sportswear technology, rather an embarrassing effort at being 'trendy' and attempting to be 'pioneers'

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 11.48.21 am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Please don’t put ISC in the same standard bracket as Puma.

Puma are so much better than ISC, it’s not even comparable

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Puma and Adidas are a class above, but ISC for their off field gear I find really good.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Puma and Adidas are a class above, but ISC for their off field gear I find really good.

Yeah ISC off field gear is pretty good, but their guernseys aren’t great.

Especially the double digit numbers on the player guernseys.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
It's not a good sign that we're going backwards though, all that should have been done for the whole three years was clearing up the sizing of the 2017 jumpers - the collar change in '18 was unnecessary, and the new template for '19 is not an advancement in sportswear technology, rather an embarrassing effort at being 'trendy' and attempting to be 'pioneers'

View attachment 574386
There is a huge gap between the AFL and Ford logos on the 2019 ones. Reminds me of Brisbanes guernsey when Majestic took over

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trust me, you won't if Richmond ever run out in ISC gear.

Puma just fixed your guernsey after years and years of it looking abhorrent. Enjoy it while you can.
ISC don't have colour issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back