News New Jumpers For 2019 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they covered the wingtips again after the outcry there was last time it happened.

There's no vertical version of the Lendi logo, unfortunately. I can't see it looking any different to the mock-up we've seen. An all-white version of the logo wouldn't stand out enough, and I doubt Lendi would want to shrink their logo to accomodate the wings.

Without being too critical of the Eagles supporters who complained about the wing tips being cut off - I think the aforementioned fans were acting a bit entitled and cry-baby-ish in my opinion. Years of campaigning for the wings, which happened, then more to get bigger, royal wings, which happened, and then there were complaints about the tiniest little thing. Turn it up!

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they covered the wingtips again after the outcry there was last time it happened.
There's no vertical version of the Lendi logo, unfortunately. I can't see it looking any different to the mock-up we've seen. An all-white version of the logo wouldn't stand out enough, and I doubt Lendi would want to shrink their logo to accomodate the wings.
They could pull an Ajax from a couple of years ago which would be neat.

s-l300.jpg

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari

Without being too critical of the Eagles supporters who complained about the wing tips being cut off - I think the aforementioned fans were acting a bit entitled and cry-baby-ish in my opinion. Years of campaigning for the wings, which happened, then more to get bigger, royal wings, which happened, and then there were complaints about the tiniest little thing. Turn it up!
The lendi logo can easily have uncovered wing tips by just moving the logo up slightly, its pretty similar to the SGiO logo in shape and size.

The wingtips were covered on the royal wings when they were exclusively our away guernsey. Our away guernsey from 2014-15 was a complete disaster, we had to play a GF in that monstrosity. Oversized Eagle head and sponsors logo, tiny wings that were cut off at the side and covered tips, it was a mess.
sheuy.PNG
yeoyeoyeo.PNG

The royal wings are more or less perfect now apart from the HJs logo on the back of the home version, but that isn't a club issue, its just the logo HJ's have asked us to use unfortunately.

darling.jpg

What I mean is all the elements of the guernsey actually work well together now. The actual design of the wings isn't great but at least they're the right size now. That's why I said "more or less"
The design of the wings is no different to before, if anything they are closer to the original, particularly at the back.

I'm not sure what you are on about

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The design of the wings is no different to before, if anything they are closer to the original, particularly at the back.

I'm not sure what you are on about
They are different. They're completely different.

West-Coast-1988.gif

West-Coast-2018.gif

The front looks great, the back is where theres room for improvement.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
I trace mine, where possible from game worn jumpers.
I don't have the reference pic, but I'm pretty happy with how close it is to match worn jumpers.
I think mine suffers a little from my template, but I'm not making one for each apparel sponsor.
Also the Small jumpers have to be different from the XL jumpers, so there's got to be some variations.
The wings are going to be the same size, regardless of the size of the jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I trace mine, where possible from game worn jumpers.
I don't have the reference pic, but I'm pretty happy with how close it is to match worn jumpers.
I think mine suffers a little from my template, but I'm not making one for each apparel sponsor.
Also the Small jumpers have to be different from the XL jumpers, so there's got to be some variations.
The wings are going to be the same size, regardless of the size of the jumper.

Oh yeah, I meant no disrespect to your template if that’s how I came across. Your work is remarkable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Herald Sun reports today Carlton will have an orange Nike swoosh on its jumpers

Won't matter anyway, it'll fall off after five minutes of game time

Wtf?
Why???

Where does orange fit into Carlton's colour scheme?

I. Do. Not. Get. It.
All of Nikes current marketing is around orange, that's why $$

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Oh yeah, I meant no disrespect to your template if that’s how I came across. Your work is remarkable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
None taken.
Just unpacking some reasons jumpers look different in different settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back