Any brand churning out this tosh is not solid gold IMO
View attachment 597103
View attachment 597105

images

In the past they've given us this though

07a356649dcaf13482f118308d55692c

And last year they did a fantastic job with Richmond

220px-Dustin_Martin_2017.3.jpg

And even then, Puma might not be the best manufacturer (ISC or Adidas take that title), but if I had a choice between Nike or Puma, I'd take Puma every day

How is it different from 2018?
627753.jpg

Early in 2018 it was heat pressed, Shokunin might not have noticed the difference? It did take a keen eye to notice the swap, given each player changed over at a different time and all the retails and promotion for the jumper had the logo heat pressed

Doesn’t the MCC logo only appear on PI’s?
We didn't sell 2018 Melbourne guernseys to compare, so I'm not sure.

The freakin' beanie kids have it though :rolleyes:
Are iSelect still Melbourne's back sponsor? There was an article with Gary Pert in the Herald Sun the other day with the image of him in a club polo- only Zurich logo no iSelect.
No iSelect on our polos either, can't remember what was on the back of the guernsey. I'll look tonight.

It’s unreal how overrated Puma are.
Look, after having Richmond guernseys in my hands all day yesterday, I would very much prefer a Carlton guernsey with Puma. The black is actually black, the template and fit is all class, and it feels good. As long as they raise the CFC, I'll be very happy.

Look, after having Richmond guernseys in my hands all day yesterday, I would very much prefer a Carlton guernsey with Puma. The black is actually black, the template and fit is all class, and it feels good. As long as they raise the CFC, I'll be very happy.

I have no doubt Puma would do it. They seemed very keen to accommodate Richmond's request for bright yellow, and with the extra revenue and exposure to be had by signing another AFL club, I think they would be more than happy to help out

I have no doubt Puma would do it. They seemed very keen to accommodate Richmond's request for bright yellow, and with the extra revenue and exposure to be had by signing another AFL club, I think they would be more than happy to help out
You'd think so, but Nike started off like that too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are iSelect still Melbourne's back sponsor? There was an article with Gary Pert in the Herald Sun the other day with the image of him in a club polo- only Zurich logo no iSelect.
We didn't sell 2018 Melbourne guernseys to compare, so I'm not sure.

The freakin' beanie kids have it though :rolleyes:

No iSelect on our polos either, can't remember what was on the back of the guernsey. I'll look tonight.
iSelect's deal finished up this year, so they won't be on the back.

Strong word is that Infiniti will take over. They came on board as "Automotive Sponsor" in March, and there has been some promo stuff done with a couple of players since, but it always felt like they were brought in when they were as a precursor to a larger presence in the future, such as the end of the year when the iSelect deal finished ... thats the hope anyway, as the sponsorship merry-go-round is really quite frustrating otherwise.

Nothing has been announced yet tho, so highly likely the back will currently be blank, and we'll be rocking a heat press until mid year again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back