News New Jumpers For 2019 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah the 2 can’t be compared. Agree with everything above. I don’t mind ISC at all, colours aren’t too bad but they are a massive downgrade in quality from Puma.

My local Rebel Sport had both the 2017 Puma WC polo and the 2018 ISC WC Polo.
The Puma polo was of great quality, the ISC polo looked okay but it felt like it was something from Big W.

I have player issues from ISC and Cotton On, and the feel of the material and the composition of the Cotton On jumper is far superior to ISC. Little things like stitching, positioning and colours are much better with Cotton On. Even the ISC GPS pouches are very average compared to Cotton On

I have player issues from ISC and Cotton On, and the feel of the material and the composition of the Cotton On jumper is far superior to ISC. Little things like stitching, positioning and colours are much better with Cotton On. Even the ISC GPS pouches are very average compared to Cotton On
I agree. Cotton On is very underappreciated but people are gonna judge Cotton On just because they're Cotton On

I agree. Cotton On is very underappreciated but people are gonna judge Cotton On just because they're Cotton On

Everything they produce is of a great quality, it's just some poor decisions that have made them look average around the FJGD. The new Geelong template (with the basketball cuffs) hasn't come off as well as I think they thought it would, and the decision to use heat pressed logos on the off-field merchandise lacks the care put in by ISC to sew the logos (and also makes them more prone to falling apart)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
tenor.gif
I said realistic, obviously I'd prefer Puma as a league-wide sponsor but I can't see them to doing the entire league when they can only handle one at this current time. ISC is Australian-based and does and alright job even with having majority of contracts in the league. ISC isn't preferred, but I feel like it is the most realistic option.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
I said realistic, obviously I'd prefer Puma as a league-wide sponsor but I can't see them to doing the entire league when they can only handle one at this current time. ISC is Australian-based and does and alright job even with having majority of contracts in the league. ISC isn't preferred, but I feel like it is the most realistic option.

Realistically any manufacturer has the capability to be a league-wide sponsor; it comes down to money and resources. If Puma, or Adidas, or even God forbid Nike were awarded a league-wide contract they would then have the funding to hire/purchase more resources to ramp up production.

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
Realistically any manufacturer has the capability to be a league-wide sponsor; it comes down to money and resources. If Puma, or Adidas, or even God forbid Nike were awarded a league-wide contract they would then have the funding to hire/purchase more resources to ramp up production.
If Nike got a league-wide contract one would assume that they would actually try to put some effort in

I popped into an AFL store today and saw some of the new gear.
I got some photos so when I'm home I'll post them up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
All this time I should have gone to rebel sport at Marion... They've got the 2019 gear there. Geelong has an inverse guernsey, Melbourne's sticking with the royal (and has 'blu royal' on the tag where it says 'colour'). Blues, WC and GC not there just yet.

Sorry lads, I'm going to post them at some point tonight

I don't have a laptop and my desktop is cooked and can I upload from my phone?
Anyway, after a few more Christmas Eve brews I'll get onto it!

Geelong has an inverse guernsey

Your kidding! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I was hoping we'd have a clash jumper like this (hopefully we actually wear it now - home and away to Sydney and Gold Coast). Photos are on Rebel's website

Rebel_57021101_blue_hi-res.jpg

Rebel_57021101-00_blue_hi-res.jpg

Your kidding! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I was hoping we'd have a clash jumper like this (hopefully we actually wear it now - home and away to Sydney and Gold Coast). Photos are on Rebel's website

You have had this inverse the last few seasons, just no need to ever wear it.

You have had this inverse the last few seasons, just no need to ever wear it.

Actually, we had this in 2017:

9800086-1__1154149665.jpg

and this in 2018:

9800321_Geelong-Cats-2018-Mens-Clash-Guernsey_1__1440523600.jpg

Both jumpers I'd rather we didn't wear (not that we did anyway), and I wouldn't wear them either. An inverse is excellent, glad to have it back. Hopefully it sees some game time in 2019

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
Actually, we had this in 2017:

and this in 2018:

Both jumpers I'd rather we didn't wear (not that we did anyway), and I wouldn't wear them either. An inverse is excellent, glad to have it back. Hopefully it sees some game time in 2019
Only team they could wear it against is sydney.

Maybe the afl should suddenly deem it a clash?

Only team they could wear it against is sydney.

Maybe the afl should suddenly deem it a clash?

And Gold Coast. Won't be deemed officially as a 'clash', but I'm hoping it will be worn purely for the sake of wearing it, even if our regular home jumper could be worn

And Gold Coast.
Also depending on who you are navy doesn't clash with royal or black so there are some options.

With navy shorts, it can definitely be worn against Gold Coast and Sydney
With white shorts, it could also be worn against Brisbane, Fremantle, GWS, North Melbourne, West Coast and the Western Bulldogs

If we are planning to wear it regularly, I'd say definitely against Gold Coast and Sydney, as well as GWS, Brisbane, West Coast and the Western Bulldogs. The others (Fremantle and North) are probably pushing it a little in terms of creating a clash. In 2019, that would mean we would wear the jumper seven times (Gold Coast in Round 10 is Indigenous Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back