News New Jumpers For 2019 - All Changes In OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't make them better :p
In my eyes it does. I would much rather Port in black than in white, although that’s not a very good analogy since we’ve never had a white home jumper, or at least not in recent memory.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
In my eyes it does. I would much rather Port in black than in white, although that’s not a very good analogy since we’ve never had a white home jumper, or at least not in recent memory.
So it means you like it more, or think it looks better. It's an opinion. It's not they ARE better.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
So it means you like it more, or think it looks better. It's an opinion. It's not they ARE better.
Isn't everything subjective when it comes to Football jumpers? There's no real objective right or wrong answer anyway.

I THINK they are better and are more practical if every team has a dark home light clash.

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
We did have these in the past:
1546641774974.png

1546641710583.png

(www.footyjumpers.com)
Thankfully they didn't last too long each time!
My preference is dark for main jumper, light for clash jumper, but if teams like Hawthorn and North Melbourne wanted to have light jumpers as their main ones then that can be accommodated with appropriate clash jumpers (theirs and other teams).

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
I'm all for Hawthorn keeping the gold top but like with Geelong and like North didn't want there needs to be some give on the shorts.
Brown shorts against royal/red, gold or white against black/navy/maroon/purple.

Shabi19

Debutant
Nov 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Here we are!
I'm online via a computer and here are my findings from a recent trip to an AFL store.

Polos:
pqdz6.jpg

This simply says 'Essendon Media Polo', I was sure we saw the little circles design on a previous polo, but it seems they wont.
A very simple design.
4s013q.jpg

What is unusual about this polo is everything is stitched apart from the arm piping and oddly, the Puma logo which is heat pressed on.
Also there is no tag, only the heat pressed information on the inside.
Why only heat press the Puma logo??
9kc5u1.jpg

Essendon's polo may be very simple, but the ISC design idea has made its way to the Collingwood 2018 media polo.
Marketed as a grey shirt too, so it's not the lighting.

Jumpers:
18m69g.jpg

While we are on the topic of Collingwood, here you can see on the infants jumper, on the jumper tag it has the CFC monogram, not the club logo.
Perhaps that will make it to the full sided jumpers (from memory it had) and may not appear on the back of the jumper.
2lcxjcw.jpg

Here we have the North Melbourne jumper, with anniversary logo watermarks.
20zpkxt.jpg

A new template cut for Puma?
14vqmwn.jpg

New Balance collar, and notice on the inside of the collar, it's rubber printed (heat pressed) "My Heart Beats True" wording, we usually see it sublimated.
24pks5c.jpg

The back of Melbourne's jumper.
No sponsor, no MCC logo.
nmeouu.jpg

Perhaps the oddest jumper I saw, the collar has the old pre-2010 wool material around it, yet the box with the 'G' is the same as the jumper.
I caught a look at the back, looks awful, but it was at the top so I couldn't get a good image.
nv6329.jpg

We all know the story here, just another picture.

Findings:
- No changes to the Richmond clash
- No sponsor on the Demons or Eagles
- Geelongs jumper is so, so bad
- The AFL Store is pretty rubbish

*In case this post is lost due to the system upgrade, I'll save it so let me know if it goes.
The Collingwood members polo is the same design as that Essendon media polo
20190107_134141.jpg

Mozzie_Squad

All Australian
Dec 13, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melb City, Storm, Stars
A few more 2019 retails I’ve seen in store

What I want to know is if you got any odd looks with swapping the guernsey's from front to back view while snapping photos ? :D

So since Hawthorn have mentioned absolutely nothing about this photo leak of a rumoured clash strip...
View attachment 600985

.... But have also stated that we will never wear white again, is is time to assume that we are going to have some very awkward looking games against Brisbane, Gold Coast and GWS this season?

I'll be buying this guernsey when it comes out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back