News New Jumpers For 2019 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. This is up there with the worst jumper I’ve seen in any sport, ever. No hyperbole. Cancel round 1. Burn them all. Why does the AFL have no taste, and how the * did they approve a design that is somehow worse than the X jumpers for use in the premiership season!!!!

This bobbed up on the #RTW thread a few years back during a bit of a dull period while we were waiting for news. Was a bit of a joke at the time, but could plausibly happen it would seem (courtesy of ChampRevesby)...

View attachment 633991
No chance
If this was to happen across all teams, they wouldn't be simple, somewhat manageable designs like this. They'd be AT BEST as bad as the dogs one. I don't even want to contemplate what happens at worst

On the plus side (a rare one) we might get to see Swans in their white clash, and possibly white clash red shorts.

Let a kid dream right?

It would be a good throwback to the late 80s for us but our current clash doesn't have the side panels , it's more of a hybrid between the Opera House mk1 and mk2 guernseys

I guess if there's a plus side to the Dogs wearing 'Thor', it's that the Swans have an excuse to wheel out their clash jumper

1552427888957.png

What shorts the Dogs will be wearing is a burning issue though. The royal blue doesn't match, and neither does the white. If they want the kit to look good , they're going to need shorts made just for the occassion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just logged in, my God... that's just tripe and the near on the ultimate sell out.
The money isn't worth the soul man

The most amazing thing about the "Thordogs" guernsey is at 11 days notice prior to wearing it, we have a physical prototype available to look at, meanwhile there's still no sign of a physical prototype of Carlton's inverse clash guernsey for this year, still just that crappy photoshop over last years photos for the Wolf Grey guernsey.

Another thing to mention is the AFL kept this so well hidden for so long unlike the AFLW Captain Marvel fiasco where it was leaked months prior, now it looks like that was just to test the waters for this

I guess if there's a plus side to the Dogs wearing 'Thor', it's that the Swans have an excuse to wheel out their clash jumper

View attachment 634133

What shorts the Dogs will be wearing is a burning issue though. The royal blue doesn't match, and neither does the white. If they want the kit to look good , they're going to need shorts made just for the occassion
I think making the kit look good went out the window when they, well, designed it

Just would like to register my recognition of ‘The Thordogs’ - truly the most hilariously awful jumper to grace the AFL.

Hawks Diamonds, WCE Dog’s Breakfast, That time Port literally let a child design their jumper and The Brisbane Piss Stain....all once worthy holders of the mantle but Thordogs goes next level and will take some beating.

Just would like to register my recognition of ‘The Thordogs’ - truly the most hilariously awful jumper to grace the AFL.

Hawks Diamonds, WCE Dog’s Breakfast, That time Port literally let a child design their jumper and The Brisbane Piss Stain....all once worthy holders of the mantle but Thordogs goes next level and will take some beating.
It makes the power ranger look good. Kind of.

Some of those jumpers you describe were attempts at a real or clash jumper. This is just a ‘once off’. Got to compare apples with apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back